+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will you guys marry a girl who has kids???? (please give me your opinion on this)

Amen to that sista! a part of me has some regret marrying. The what if i just waited!!! But at the time it felt right.

I know if there is a divorce ever on the horizon I dont know if I want to get married again.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Society changes while instinct does not.

Last week I'm sitting in the dentist's office and I'm reading this article about this woman who overcame some difficulty (I don't even remember what it was. They never have anything but women's magazines in doctor's offices. I guess they assume men don't read). So this woman had five kids, was struggling, blah blah. Anyway, it had a happy ending because a year later it shows her with her new husband and their new baby and all I can think is "Wow..she found a guy to marry her with five kids."

Now see, that's wrong of me but it was my first response. In the wild some male predators will kill the offspring of other males to ensure their own genes prevail. Humans aren't all that different. We are preprogrammed to not have that same protective instinct for genes that didnt' come from us--for the most part.

So, would I date a girl with kids? Maybe. It's never come up. You can't help who you fall for, but if I wasn't already head over heels for her I probably woudn't even try. Kids=responsibility and if its not my own responsibility I'm hesitant to take it. Especially considering that children are a lifetime of responsibility. What makes it worse is that a lot of times mothers will side with their children when the children are wrong, but the mother can't see it and therefore she alienates her husband. Everybody is selfish and everybody wants to come first. I wouldn't want to raise a kid to a certain point and then have that kid turn on me because "You're not my dad!" Screw that.

But I can say this all day long and it still doesn't change the fact that every day there are mothers out there getting married and having good lives with nestfuls of children that don't belong to the husband. It's a modern certainty. If you're young, not stupid, and moderately attractive you have a great chance of finding someone. Dating services are good. Some older men never had the chance to have children and would probably flip over the opportunity to play daddy, provided that the real daddy doesn't make life difficult.

I think money issues probably also play a big part in all of it. It would be much easier to date a girl with kids if I (or anybody, I think) had the knowledge that no matter what we wouldn't ever stuggle financially. Finances are a big deal too.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

ashscottish

The last woman I dated had 5 children(two of them twins) and was ready and willing to take on the so called "baggage" of existing children. I love children and was a camp councilor for 4 years, and always...well, almost always got along great with the kids. That's not to say that I am looking for a woman with kids, but I do not shy from them either.
    "Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes, that way if you make them mad, they will be a mile away and barefoot!"

One of my friend is with a girl friend who has a kid.
    Keep in mind one of the advantages of a girl with kids is that she isnt going to press for another one anytime soon. So she'll leave you alone there.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

You never know,but honestly i dont think so...maybe some of us would but i wouldnot...but you never know...if you are so great person and women maybe i would...

I couldn't coz there is 3 kids. If the girl only has 1~2 kids, it is not a problem for me. I think I can afford them.
    My cousin has the same situation as you have. She has 1 kid, around 10 years old, and she is going to marry with a Japaneses man.
    So, no worry. She still have chance. Why don't you ask him directly. Because a couple should be share their feelings. Otherwise, you 2 will have many problems afterward. Chatting can reduce your worries. RIGHT?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234