+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have a crush on this girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Either ask her out or get over it.

Crushes are not hard to get over.

They are for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA09 View Post
    They are for me.
    Then instead of working on how to get over this crush, you need to work on figuring out why you have these crushes that can't be gotten over quickly.

Is it because you don't have experience with women? How old are you? How many relationships have you had? When was your last one?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Then instead of working on how to get over this crush, you need to work on figuring out why you have these crushes that can't be gotten over quickly.

Is it because you don't have experience with women? How old are you? How many relationships have you had? When was your last one?

Hmmm, I never thought about it like that before. This is probably going to sound pretty pathetic but I'm 18 and have never had a girlfriend (except for when I was like 8 or 9 and me and this girl used to always kiss and stuff). I believe the reason for this is that I am severly overweight; it all started when my best friend moved away like 10 years ago. I weigh around 320 pounds, and I lost around 20 pounds this summer just from dieting; I'm going to start exercising tomorrow. I had a pretty great childhood but my teenage years are just pathetic.

Hmmm, I never thought about it like that before. This is probably going to sound pretty pathetic but I'm 18 and have never had a girlfriend (except for when I was like 8 or 9 and me and this girl used to always kiss and stuff). I believe the reason for this is that I am severly overweight; it all started when my best friend moved away like 10 years ago. I weigh around 320 pounds, and I lost around 20 pounds this summer just from dieting; I'm going to start exercising tomorrow. I had a pretty great childhood but my teenage years are just pathetic.
    That's probably your problem. If you had steady relationships, I think it'd be a lot easier for you to get rid of crushes.

320 is very unhealthy for only being 18 years old... How tall are you? I calculated your BMI at 320 lbs and just put in a placeholder height of 6'0"... your BMI is 43... that is obese.

Work on losing weight and work on making yourself feel better physically. That way you should be able to gain more confidence and will be more desirable to women.

Until you get confidence, you're most likely going to always have a hard time getting over crushes.

That's probably your problem. If you had steady relationships, I think it'd be a lot easier for you to get rid of crushes.

320 is very unhealthy for only being 18 years old... How tall are you? I calculated your BMI at 320 lbs and just put in a placeholder height of 6'0"... your BMI is 43... that is obese.

Work on losing weight and work on making yourself feel better physically. That way you should be able to gain more confidence and will be more desirable to women.

Until you get confidence, you're most likely going to always have a hard time getting over crushes.
    Yeah, I figure that's my problem. I'm not exactly sure what my height is but I think it's either 5'4 or 5'5. I'm making it my goal to weight 300 by December; it'll be awesome if I can reach my goal before then. I've completely given up on things like chips, cookies, soda, pizza, fried chicken, chinese food, etc. I mostly eat tuna, pasta, and turkey/ham meat. If I ever make sandwiches or toast I use whole wheat bread; if I eat eggs, I eat the whites. For breakfast I usually have Honey Nut Cheerios with fat free milk or egg whites, toast, and oatmeal. Lunch and dinner vary. For snacks I eat something like a carrot or a ham/turkey sandwich. I'd say that my diet is pretty good; just need to start exercising and I'm sure that I can reach my goal.

Good luck, TSA. It takes alot of determination to change yourself, and you seem like you have it. Feel free to post your progress in the Health section if you'd like. There are alot of us who are also trying to get in better shape and could benefit from a good success story.
    Last edited by starbuck; 23-08-08 at 09:52 AM.

It's much easier to lose fat when you have a lot to lose. Just be sure to mix in that cardio.. it's important.

By the way, you're what we would consider morbidly obese. Your BMI is 54.9. Anything over 30 is obese.

For you to be considered just overweight, you would need to weigh 174 lbs.

For you to be considered normal weight, you would need to weigh 145 lbs.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. I know it's going to be tough but I'll do my hardest to gut it out. I have a few weights, a barbell, and two dumbbells, though I don't have a weight bench. Also have a treadmill, but I hate the treadmill. It's boring. I'll still use it though.

Don't worry about weights. That's not your focus. Your focus is cardio.

What kind of cardio?

get your sweat on.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

What kind of cardio?
    I think you should do speed walking. Don't walk slowly as it won't build the heart rate up enough, but I don't think you should be running right now. Running puts a lot of stress on the knees anyways and it's not as effective as speed walking. The key to speed walking is that you're walking as fast as you can, about the same pace as a fast job, but you always have one foot on the ground at any time.

I think you should do speed walking. Don't walk slowly as it won't build the heart rate up enough, but I don't think you should be running right now. Running puts a lot of stress on the knees anyways and it's not as effective as speed walking. The key to speed walking is that you're walking as fast as you can, about the same pace as a fast job, but you always have one foot on the ground at any time.
    I used to do that every morning around two years ago when I was trying to lose weight. I stopped my diet/exercise like a dumbass though. I wish I hadn't. If I kept to it I'd probably weigh like 250 right now.

Anyway, there's a park right beside where I live. During the summer I took walks in the morning but decided to stop when one morning I saw someone coming up behind me. It was dark out there, I thought the guy was going to follow me, and I got scared. I haven't walked there in the morning ever since.

go on the low-carb diet.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Eh, I don't think I'll change my diet - I'm having some good success with the one I'm doing now.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast