+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My bf suddenly wants to wait until marriage to have sex.....

that is better ...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have my doubts. It doesn't sound like your values are in sync.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i said earlier u have to obey him ... u refused , nw u got back to him BUT beware u should be internally convinced with his terms..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    i said earlier u have to obey him ... ..
    Is this for real, or are you just a troll trying to stir up controversy?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

sorry , what is up ? isnt there a way for other opinions but yours ????!!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Obey me, bitch.

I think he suddenly rialized that, wow! We are not ready financially to have a baby, or Wow! we need to research how to take care of a baby before we have one or Wow! We should really get married as soon as we can, so we may be ready finally in our finance and moral! So, it is not a bad or negative thing at all. Have confidence in his truth. Usually, what one says is true. He probably is not lying.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course you are allowed to voice your (odd) opinion, and we are allowed to express disbelief.

So what happens if you don't get married for 5 years? 10 years? Can you wait that long?

What if you wait three years and then he breaks up with you?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolandanicerguy View Post
    I think he suddenly rialized that, wow! We are not ready financially to have a baby, or Wow! we need to research how to take care of a baby before we have one or Wow! We should really get married as soon as we can, so we may be ready finally in our finance and moral! So, it is not a bad or negative thing at all. Have confidence in his truth. Usually, what one says is true. He probably is not lying.
    You wouldn't be reporting my post had you listened to the bullshit Clearskies spouts.

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    you have every right to be upset..
    Disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Nobody is telling you to disrespect his moral choice.., but at the same time.., sex IS important to you.., and it's NOT fair to you.., to not have that need satisfied.., and it's not right of HIM.., so sit there and watch.., as you remain frustrated and have that need unsatisfied.
    Taking into account that you mentioned this began after his sister gave birth to a baby, then he is understanding sex as a synonym of family more than a synonym of pleasure. He's willing to wait. If you don't, you'd better move on.

Long-distance relationships don't work really well, anyway. You are not married. Just say good bye and go on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    Long-distance relationships don't work really well, anyway. You are not married. Just say good bye and go on with your life.
    Not true. They can work fine if the two people in the relationship can handle it. I'm in one right now. It's been long distance for 8 months and it will be long distance for another 10. We're absolutely fine.

10 mos for me.

It can work (whatever works means)..it depends on the individuals. Trust is very important factor, too.

I believe there is no major difference in time of breakup (if one occurs) in a LDR versus a 'regular' distance relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    10 mos for me.

It can work (whatever works means)..it depends on the individuals. Trust is very important factor, too.

I believe there is no major difference in time of breakup (if one occurs) in a LDR versus a 'regular' distance relationship.
    No, a LDR is definitely more difficult than a regular relationship. It is. People that lasted 5 years in regular distance can break up after only 3 months of distance. Long distance is usually one of the main reasons for breakups. The problem is it takes two people to make it work.

Trust is the single most important aspect of a long distance relationship. Without it, it won't work. When my gf goes to the bar with her friends, I have to know she won't cheat... and I do know that.

Communication is also big. You have to try and keep some semblance of a normal life and communication is big. I don't mean talking every hour, but every day... just to see how each other is doing... to keep things going well.

Visits help also. My gf and I see each other every 3 weeks or so for at least 3 days. It helps. I find that knowing exactly when the next visit will be will make things easier. The one time my gf left my house without us knowing when we'd see each other again it was difficult for both of us... but ever since then we've know before the visit was over and it has been a ton easier.

Tedel Guest
    OK, in my opinion, a long distance relationship (unless you are married) is just a very deep friendship.

As I see it, love requires closeness, but, again, this is just my opinion.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast