+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help please

I know people are throwing a lot of book suggestions at you, but I'll add one more. Given your relationship history, I'd really recommend the book "How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk" by John Van Epp. The author has done a ton of research of what you should be looking out for during the early stages of the relationship, and how to keep yourself from getting emotionally attached to somebody until you know they're trustworthy. Those things should really be one of the life lessons we're taught as young adults, but unfortunately very few of us ever receive any good education in the topic. Actually, if your daughter is at the age where she could be dating, I'd recommend you buy a copy of the book for her as well. Here is a link to a description of the book:

http://www.lovethinks.com/VanEpp/About_Book

I looked into the coda stuff. The closest meeting is 3 hours from me. The online meetings list just got me confused. :/

If you are finding these women all the time, maybe look in a different place. Get involved in a healthy activity or hobby, or join a club. Being more involved in your life and a social life will attract a more quality woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredandbroken View Post
    I looked into the coda stuff. The closest meeting is 3 hours from me. The online meetings list just got me confused. :/
    Then just google "codependency help" and read through some of the links and educate yourself. You'll just keep being attracted to the same type of woman unless you work on you first. Surely you don't want to go through this pain again?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234