+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: please help

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The advice we're trying to give you is this:

Stand up and realize that in order for you to get through this, you have to believe that since you guys broke up, then SHE is the one who lost something. Not you! Get rid of anything (material) that reminds you of her and surround yourself with buddies. When you're not out with friends, immerse yourself in a book. At this point, time is the only remedy for all of this.

And she wasn't perfect. If she were perfect for you, then you'd be together. Perfect is when both pieces fit and it's obvious that they didn't this time.

Understand that, dude.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    The advice we're trying to give you is this:

Stand up and realize that in order for you to get through this, you have to believe that since you guys broke up, then SHE is the one who lost something. Not you! Get rid of anything (material) that reminds you of her and surround yourself with buddies. When you're not out with friends, immerse yourself in a book. At this point, time is the only remedy for all of this.

And she wasn't perfect. If she were perfect for you, then you'd be together. Perfect is when both pieces fit and it's obvious that they didn't this time.

Understand that, dude.
    I think that's the best advice thus far. It still hurts though, and if I could still date her I would. She won't answer her phone though... I mean, she taught me so much about myself, and now nothing seems as good, food doesn't taste as good, and the sky seems less impressive... apparently being alone up there "cleared her head", I regret not taking that job with her.

How long do you think it'll take before I can be happy again?

Quote Originally Posted by omens View Post
    I think that's the best advice thus far. It still hurts though, and if I could still date her I would. She won't answer her phone though... I mean, she taught me so much about myself, and now nothing seems as good, food doesn't taste as good, and the sky seems less impressive... apparently being alone up there "cleared her head", I regret not taking that job with her.

Dude, I tried giving you the same advice.

And I don't know... you determine when you'll be happy again. She doesn't have control over you. Go out and find someone else.

I'm sorry for what has happened. It is true, 5 months is nothing, but I also know it takes just seconds for certain feelings to consume you completely. It'll pass, eventually the pain will fade. And then it will be gone completely. It just takes time.

If you have some good friends, go out with them, talk with them, start looking at life from another perspective: you're single and choose any girl you want, and even if now you don't care, believe me, you'll love the liberty in a couple of weeks! Get in your car, drive somewhere and just cry, scream and get it out of your system. Kick and punch shit. (not people). Think about all the wonderful things in life, and don't imagine what you have lost with her, but rather all the awesome stuff there was before you even knew her. That's all still there.

Don't worry. And DON'T CALL HER! Better, delete her number. But do not be tempted to call her, it will just bother her!!! If she texts you, ignore it. I know it's ahrd but it's for the best! Believe me.

And most of all, try to learn something from the relationship...we're you a little too clingy? Did you overwhelm her with your plans to have kids, a dog and a minivan? Think about what it is you kinda fukced up, and make a point of trying not to do it next time. You'll know when you find a woman who WANTS to hear those kinds of plans. She'll make a point of letting you know. Good luck.
    Last edited by twisted; 30-05-08 at 02:26 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She won't answer her phone though...

There is no time frame, but you must resist calling her. You have to get her number out of your phone. Try to get it out of your memory banks because calling her will push her further away.

Remember that she was the one who broke up with you. If you keep calling her, it doesn't give her time to realize she might have made a mistake or that she does, indeed, miss you. I'm not saying she does, but she will 100% not miss you if you continue to try to contact her.

Don't act like you're a child, clinging to Mommy. Just avoid any kind of memories of her. There will be others in the future who can help you learn about yourself, even though you should be able to do that on your own!

Back to time ... I can't tell you when you'll be happy again. It's completely up to you and how well you apply the advice that people give you here. It might make sense as you're reading, but facing real life is different. Just try to remember what people say.

We're totally random people from different parts of the world and it would seem that we're all in agreement about your situation.

Just wait it out and you'll be fine. Buy new clothes or something. Maybe find some flashy clothes and walk around town in 'em. I don't know ... do whatever makes you feel good (except contacting her!).

Take care ...
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

She text messaged me saying she'd try to call tonight, and if not then on the 8th to explain why she broke up with me. I already called a suicide hotline, but I'm sure if I told her that it'd just scare her away further. Is it wrong to ask her if I'll see her again? or if She found someone else?

I know you guys said not to contact her but I need to know why she broke up with me, her sister myspace messaged me saying she made a selfish mistake in breaking up with me...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She text messaged me saying she'd try to call tonight, and if not then on the 8th to explain why she broke up with me. I already called a suicide hotline, but I'm sure if I told her that it'd just scare her away further. Is it wrong to ask her if I'll see her again? or if She found someone else?

I know you guys said not to contact her but I need to know why she broke up with me, her sister myspace messaged me saying she made a selfish mistake in breaking up with me...
    No contact. You don't need to know why. It didn't work out. Don't include other people in your problems. She probably responded to you by text so that you wouldn't keep bothering her in between with texts and calls. Just leave the past in the past. You're just fishing for more heartbreak. Just accept it as is. Try to be an adult, please.

Suicide hotline? Are you serious? Is it really that bad? It is more than obvious that you're not ready to stand on your own two feet ... and you should NOT be in any kind of romantic relationship until you get a grip.

I think I'm going to step out of this one because suicide is beyond my realm. I just hope the things that I've said can possibly make a difference.
    no autographs, please!

Life is ... Too Short.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's just an attention whore.

The only woman that should be allowed in this boy's life is his momma.

He's obviously a guy with social problems. He finally gets a girl to talk to him and she breaks it off, so he feels as if it's the end of the world.

Personally, I wouldn't want to know why she broke up with me. I'd not respond to her texts or her calls. Make her wonder what happened to you. Make her miss you. Don't give her that closure.

You really need to find your balls because sometime in your life you lost them.

Are you aware, omens, that there are over 3 billion women on the planet? Do you think it might just be possible that you could find another one?
    Spammer Spanker

Give the guy a break people.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Give the guy a break people.
    lulz ur a farni gai

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    lulz ur a farni gai

SPERM IN YER EYE!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I've tried to offer you advice but you insist on sulking. I'm not going to repeat my advice to you over and over and over.

You're a man and you need to act like one.
    Shut the **** up Cain. Read my other post about perfection. You're not it & you're starting to bug me now. This is not a happy place for you to be in.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Shut the **** up Cain. Read my other post about perfection. You're not it & you're starting to bug me now. This is not a happy place for you to be in.
    I love you Indi.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast