+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Date a "nice guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Haha, that's an amazing smiley.
    I wish I could like younger guys, statistically I'm already going to outlive my husband - I don't want to give him a 4+ year head start.

Anyway, I haven't heard from him since the text on Saturday night.
    So...Ever tried going the other way...Like...20? Or..Wait..21. Yeah. 21 is the new 27, 23 is so 18.

Ok, I just wanted an excuse to use the smilies again.

He texted me the other day, wishing a happy Easter and making a little joke about whether I had "any open spaces in my famous foosball course this spring". I wrote back the next day saying I'd have to check when I got back, but I thought he may be in luck. Problem is, now I am back and I feel like I should tell him that, but I don't know how I should do that without asking him out.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    He texted me the other day, wishing a happy Easter and making a little joke about whether I had "any open spaces in my famous foosball course this spring". I wrote back the next day saying I'd have to check when I got back, but I thought he may be in luck. Problem is, now I am back and I feel like I should tell him that, but I don't know how I should do that without asking him out.
    Just ask him what/when he had in mind....

Actually, I just realized I don't really like the idea of going to play foosball with him. I already have people to play foosball with. Maybe I'll try to steer a meetup in another direction, like the grilling/playing music in the park direction.

are you back in nm?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

nope, not till July 8! But I am back in Germany (was in Ireland for 2 weeks.) Actually, this guy I'm talking about is from Colorado, which makes him cool, but he wants to stay in Germany after the year is over. So that's dumb.

I don't think anyone can be thoroughly "nice". He's probably just putting on a face to get along with you. If you're annoyed by him, make absurd accusations against him and he would probably put out his aggressive side. If that doesn't work, then he's probably a robot.

Oh sheesh. I should never have compared him with the annoyingly nice guy, everyone's latching onto that. I've interacted with this guy a total of maybe 3 times. He has never been annoyingly nice, I just haven't seen anything but his nice side. I'm sure he has an aggressive side though.

I probably just need to flirt more instead of having nice, personal conversations with him.

He texted me again the other day and said he'd finally recharged his phone for the purpose of texting me to make a foosball date (my words). I ended up inviting him out to the park with my friends and me that night - we set off a paper lantern and drank beer in the park, it was very low-key. And fun. Anyway, as per our text exchange I was supposed to message him when I was free for foosball this week but I think I'll just see if he writes. Like I said, I'm not terribly into the idea of having him as a foosball buddy. I'm trying to be a girl.

Erm... He used a dead phone excuse...

Those are bad excuses. Rarely, RARELY is a phone dead. I mean they die and stuff, but if it took him a few days to re-text and he used that excuse...

Did he initiate the foosball thing? Don't play too hard to get. Rules like that get in the way of anything actually happening. Guys like to pursue, but they also like something they can catch. if he senses games are being played he's going to loose interest.

As you will if you feel like he is "leading you on" which he might a bit... or he might just be shy... but if he wants you, he'll come get you.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i loose you.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why can't you play foosball once if that is what he invited you to do? You like the game, don't you?

I'm constantly told I am too nice

As far as the "Is this a date?" question, you might as well lead it up with "Do you have an issue with herpes?" with regards to mood killing. Just have fun, do what you do, but don't attempt to quantify the relationship with labels and titles. Nothing says "This bitch is clingy" than shit like that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Haha Cybog, what's wrong with you!

I wouldn't ask a girl to play football with me, seems weird.
    My blog on dating: [URL="http://livedatingsupport.com/"]HERE[/URL].

Advice on how to get a girlfriend and escape the ''Friend Zone'' [URL="http://how-to-get-a-sexy-girlfriend.com"]HERE[/URL].

Quote Originally Posted by Nielss View Post
    Haha Cybog, what's wrong with you!

I wouldn't ask a girl to play football with me, seems weird.
    Hahaha why the hell is that weird????

Anyway, this .

is foosball.

You're right, Vash. No harm in at least trying it. I'm just not crazy about the idea of having our interaction take the form of meeting to play foosball every so often. I'd rather do things that... you know, normal people do on dates.

Oh, and as far as the phone thing, I buy it. It wasn't that his battery was dead, he just didn't have any money on his phone (I assume he's got pay-as-you-go like most people I know over here.) I often go for days without money before topping up.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 05-05-09 at 09:55 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast