+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: calling all feminists on lf. :)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women are too docile to serve in front-line combat. Their place is back at the prison, sadistically torturing detainees.

I stole that from the Onion.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I don't want to fight as a soldier. Pick up a rifle and protect my family, yes. But not as a career choice.

I'd rather be M....
    I'm not one to favor the draft... but if some women want to serve their country and join the military... then I feel they should be able to.

Side note/rant:

I also believe that any woman should have the opportunity to apply for any position in the military just like any normal soldier (following the standard procedures). Just like any other soldier, they should learn to accept disqualifications that result from insufficient size or endurance just like any man who is too small or too slow would have to endure.

If you're going to serve with men and be a woman, then you're going to have to get used to the cold hard facts of life. Men are typically larger than women -- no heartfelt proclamation of 'size doesn't matter' is going to change that.

In fact, I think the military's way of shoving people together, forcing them to get along, and applying the same rules to all is a great way to achieve unity between the genders. It'll force women to focus more on what they can actually do and less on what they feel they should be able to do.

Pisses me off to see the rules being bent in the military in favor of women's physical inefficiencies. Shouldn't weaken the system for the individual... not in a system like the armed forces.

Sorry... military heritage coming out in me...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women should not be allowed to serve in combat positions

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As long as they do their job good they should be able to do everything There are some female heroes in past like Joanna D`Arc or Emilia Plater (Wiki it if it interests You ) - it means it`s possible a woman can be a good soldier
    I wazzzz here

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    Illusional, what good raves have you gone to lately.
    i gave up raving a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    he never called me his beautiful princess. lol
    i called you the same thing and you never gave me a chance...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Say, there, Playa

Your words were too stupid to respond to.
    Then why did you respond?
    You wrote absolutely nothing worth further discussion.
    There was no discussion involved. Please reread the thread. Several people gave opinions, but there was no discussion/analysis going on.
    Don't confuse 'not worth responding to' with 'so good no one can respond to it.' If you want my attention...Oh no, I definitely do not want your attention. I want you to keep your attention just where it always is. Your Significant Other would be shattered if you turned your attention away from her and toward me, and I could not bear to have a broken mirror on my conscience.

you'll have to write something slightly more intelligent than: feminists hate men because I said so. Why do I have to write anything at all? Because you say so?
    My little post, which you found to be so aggressive and pleading and stupid and whatever was only meant to point out that a statement like yours, which amounted to

"Ooh! Ooh! You is all 'tupid, 'tupid poopy-pantses
    and I is so much smarter den you!"

is what one expects to see from a 12-year-old troll, defying the world from the safety of his mama's basement, and not from someone who claims to "play like a champion."
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Bumble_bee, if you read about how any significant power shifts occurred historically you will learn that it always requires support from those currently holding the power. In fact, noone can actually hold power of any sort for any amount of time without the agreement of others.

White people recognized racism was wrong, rich people realized that poor people should be helped. Not all, not even a majority in all cases. But enough with power sufficient to make things happen. It doesn't take as much as you might think.

So, yes, men definitely supported equality of the sexes. Who do you think were the one who voted to allow women to vote, or run for office?

I dnt claim to know the history, of course, but again I think I DO need to read up on it. But any sort of Power met with enough resistance has to give an inch at some point... doesn't mean they were fully supportive of it.

hehe chump that was funny
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    They serve in combat positions in this place

That's a blanket statement and not as clear cut as you're making it out to be.

Do some research, women operating on the frontlines even in Israel is still extremely sparse.

And just for kicks:

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/31/military.sexabuse/index.html[/url]

[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/19/national/main1913849.shtml[/url]
    Last edited by Junket; 05-10-09 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chump4u View Post
    My little post, which you found to be so aggressive and pleading and stupid and whatever was only meant to point out that a statement like yours, which amounted to

"Ooh! Ooh! You is all 'tupid, 'tupid poopy-pantses
    and I is so much smarter den you!"

is what one expects to see from a 12-year-old troll, defying the world from the safety of his mama's basement, and not from someone who claims to "play like a champion."
    Look, you probably have ADD. The very fact you tried to refer to me as shooting a "Parthian shot" indicates you felt I had to respond to your nonsense from earlier. I was simply discussing your sense of entitlement, or your nonsensical choice of vocabulary.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Look, you probably have ADD. The very fact you tried to refer to me as shooting a "Parthian shot" indicates you felt I had to respond to your nonsense from earlier. I was simply discussing your sense of entitlement, or your nonsensical choice of vocabulary.
    Once again: "Poopy-pantses, poopy-pantses"...your vocabulary doesn't seem to be all that grand, either.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

So you just write words because you presume they make you seem smarter, without attention to context. I understand how much attention to pay to you now.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nothing wrong with a class focused on studying certain aspects of society and its behaviour as long as it is not inducing or increasing prejudice.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Feminism, not to be confused with concepts of equality, is a white centered movement and hasn't evolved much from it's origins. The word is now used to describe a more moderate and diplomatic form of activism. The line is crossed when a woman prefers traditional values and is attacked for making a choice. Scepticism of her decision/"decision" is healthy but is often knee-jerk and assumptive. Yes, there is a certain amount of stockholm syndrom where women in traditional roles defend their abusers, but those who criticise are assuming they are superior in judgement due to an accident of birth (being born in a progressive society as opposed to a traditional one) and feel their education, moral stance and vigour allow them to often go overboard with their judgements. You can usually trust a passionate person's resolve, but never trust a passionate person's sense of reason. Instead of a genuine desire to do right it becomes polar and prejudiced. Few polar ideas improve society when adopted as policies and crusaders have a bad name for a reason. Equality requires sensible minds of both sexes willing to comprimise on an level playing field. Men don't deserve punishment for patriarchy, which had its purpose for simplicity and survival in an archaic world but need to work with women to abandon useless traditions and old ways in favor of, straight up, better ways, like equality in pay for equal work and equal political representation. You suppress women and you suppress half your workforce.

I've found equality much more favorable than feminism, which I consider a white woman's lynch mob and the crusade against testicles. It's too polar. If you'd like to borrow the word feminism to refer to activism for equality, whatever.
    Last edited by Disillusioned; 06-10-09 at 05:03 AM.
    Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My god, what have we done to you?

Good old LF

Never runs out of things to argue over
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame