+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marriage and affairs

you may not be able to control your feelings but you CAN control your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by HastaSiempre
    in certain situations, you can do things to curb your feelings. my father recently left me and my mom because he had an affair, and affairs can most definitely **** up peoples' lives a whole lot.
    This is awful and tragic and believe it or not... this happened to me too. My mom cheated... I am so sorry and you are so right. It really can **** up people's lives ... a whole hell of alot.

Forgive me HastaSiempre...

Rach... thank you for understanding this situation... and I appreciate someone who knows that this isnt something I planned... nor did I expect to have the feelings I do .. but like you said.. you cant help who you have feelings for.. sometimes it just happens.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

HastaSiempre, I know how you feel, and I know it can **** up people's lives...my Dad cheated. I know how hurtful it can be. I feel terrible about having the feelings I do, But I also know I could never act upon them to the point of having sex with him, or being with him if he divorced his wife. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I broke up or hurt a family the way my Dad did ours.

But, I also know how hard it is to change and/or hide the feelings you get for a person. And as terrible as it is...like Jane said, sometimes it just happens...
    Never regret something from your past, everything happens for a reason.

you know something guys? I'm starting to feel the guilt now. I'm starting to fall in love with my friend, but she don't know it, and I can't see myself messing somewhere else while she thinks that everything is ok. Seriously, I think I am falling in love????
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

um... wow... that sounds like love.. but only you know...
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by jane
    um... wow... that sounds like love.. but only you know...

Yup, pretty much. Nice Lover Boy is willing to settle down for her. Too bad she don't know it. I'm gonna post the info in the Dating Column, I hope you can help me out Jane and every other honest person in this forum.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234