+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gf's falling victim to love affairs between the bf and his videogames...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

gf's falling victim to love affairs between the bf and his videogames...

I just read a thread about a bf's low sex drive and she mentions he likes his videogames perhaps so much so that it takes over life and therefore pushes the gf further and further away.

My personal experience with videogames is both good and bad.

Situation 1:
    My bf of 4 years gets a PS2 (from me- stupid me) for christmas. He loves it, I love that he loves it. He hooks it up and goes at 'er. Days, weeks, months, go by... he would still play for hours, upon hours a day.

He already had a low sex drive, but this did him in. I wasn't getting laid more than once a week (when my ideal is 4) and I wasn't getting the attention, bonding, affection I longed her.

At 5 years in, I dumped him. When videogames are more fun than your ready, and willing to f**k gf I'm outta there. That brings me to...

Situation 2:
    My bf of 2.5 years just bought a PS3. I had little to say, and a lot of attitude when he brought that damn thing home. Eventually he asked what is up with the attitude towards his new system. I explained that the last time a bf brought a gaming machine home, I lost said bf. And that I had a fear of becoming second place to a machine. He assured me I had nothing to worry about.

Well almost a year has gone buy since the machine, and I'm pleasently surprised. He plays mostly when I'm sleeping on the couch with my feet resting in his lap. Or when I'm not home. He sometimes asks me to play, and sometimes I do.

If he senses that I need some bf-gf time he knows what to do. Turn off the damn game, come and grab my ass. As I said- I'm ready and willing.

Your stories?

My bf doesn't really play video games per se. Once in a blue moon he'll do Halo with the boys but he's a full time dad so the only video games are the Dance Revolution or High School Musical (which he ROCKS at), maybe a little Guitar Hero with the kiddos and me but thats about it.

If its a huge issue I think you just need to find your own personal hobby/interest to keep you occupied or offer to play with him.
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 07-01-10 at 04:50 AM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I play videogames a lot.

If my g/f couldn't at least tolerate it, (though she plays them by herself on occasion) then I wouldn't continue dating her. It's a pastime.

Some guys play poker, go hunting, build models, read, whatever.

I play videogames with my friends who are hundreds of miles away.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well we all found something that works for us. I guess my initial thing was about guys who spend absurd amounts of time on videogames. Interpret "absurd" however you like.

I'll start out by saying more than 4 hours a day (on average) is a LOT. My ex would play upwards of 6 hours a day.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, I don't typically spend more than 2 hours on a normal day, if I play at all.

If I just got a new game that everyone is playing, and I got nothing planned for the weekend, I'll probably spend a chunk of Saturday playing, then Sunday running all my errands.

It's my career... I make them for a living so judging my career associated activities in a my relationship doesn't fly too well. I don't ignore my SO for them, but I do love to play them - it's actually my life haha. I make a living with them!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWizard View Post
    It's my career... I make them for a living so judging my career associated activities in a my relationship doesn't fly too well. I don't ignore my SO for them, but I do love to play them - it's actually my life haha. I make a living with them!
    What have you developed?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ I'm sure your gf knew or knows what she's getting into!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    What have you developed?
    I'll send you a PM about it, as revealing some of those removes some of my Anonymous-ness on the interwebs...

I'm an ex-Everquest widow. My ex would spend ridiculous amounts of time playing that retarded game. The only time i ever saw him get up at six in the morning of his own volition was when he had to join his online buddies in a raid at that time.

His life was just waiting there... wife, baby, dinner on the table, all that. He would rather play EQ. As far as I know, he still does, but as of four years ago that is not my problem.
    Spammer Spanker

i didnt buy it cause game like that will kill your social life. I play at my girls house but i can tell she doesnt like it since she wants all my attention. I usually stopped playing with her brother if i see her all grumpy. lol

MMO's are only videogames by the medium. By comparison to console gaming PC MMO players are going to spend significantly more time playing them than others unless they have some sort of self control.

Everquest and WoW (World of Warcraft) own the souls of many and have destroyed many marriages and relationships because the person playing (not always a guy) doesn't know how to balance their real life.

Yeh gaming can be very addictive, I know because I play them. But I suspect girl that your relationship with your first bf wouldn't have made it with or without the ps2.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    But I suspect girl that your relationship with your first bf wouldn't have made it with or without the ps2.
    PS2 wasn't the sole reason for the breakup. But it was my breaking point. There were numerous problems they range from not having deep conversations about love and lifes meanings to never venturing further than missionary sex on the bed once a week not to forget lack of affection. Always promised me the world but that damned videogame stole his what little attention I used to get.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One thing I'd like to add to situation #2

Recently we went to future shop we were looking at games. I saw one with guns (I'm good at these and don't mind playing them). He refused to buy it claiming that he would get addicted to it. So I guess he and I are both aware obviously of the negative consequences that videogames can bring and doesn't want to subject himself to games that could intrude into our relationship. It was nice to see that he cared enough to control himself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast