+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Called my girlfriend the wrong name

This person said it best in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    By staying with a broken beotch, you enabled her to be that broken beotch. She's been raised to have entitlement issues. You'll never fix her so just leave her to herself and her issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ConniptionFit View Post
    When someone treats a partner the way the OP's partner is treating him, they need to stop or get dumped. This is called setting boundaries and is part of a healthy relationship.

People who don't understand healthy relationships will not understand this and this is why they will continue to struggle with "jerks and cheaters."
    You know what? It has nothing to do with Jerks/ cheaters. And don't try to comment on meeting jerks/ cheaters here. When you meet a bitch who is liar/ maybe cheater. Return to discuss about this. They could act like actors and till the end you still try to blame on yourself for many things till someone tells you the truth. So, don't say it so fast, or you might meet one.

Could you give more meaningful advice? Again? She's not cheating him or lying to him, she's upset, that's what I kept saying right at the start, and you can keep your opinion about dumping someone so fast for your own life, just remember, grass isn't always greener else where and you might end up in a cheater's hand instead of these problems. If that's how you work in your relationship, I'm sure you will end up having no gf who really loves you.

Btw I felt like I spam the OP's thread by stupid fighting with you before, so I'm deleting them.

I give you this advice: don't laugh at other's hurt. You might end up in the same situation without realising it.

This Is abuse.....plain and simple. Would you stay with someone who was abusive in anyway?

I've called my gf another name too. It was just a quick mental mistake and she was mature enough to understand this. This has not been going on for a couple weeks or so..... It's been months. How can you not understand how unnecessary this has become

I think your girlfriend is being unreasonable.

Hm, the fact that she is still holding it against you like this and still blowing up on you even when you are trying to help the relationship is unfair. Maybe a litttle bit abusive. As she is being hostile even when you are trying your best. That would be frustrating to say the least. As someone mentioned before i am sure that day was quite emotional for you mixed with a alcohol is never a good outcome. lol But i will say, shamefully i am one of those women who thinks that i should be the only woman on their mans minds. I know its unrealistic.. But it kind of hurts to think he would be thinking about someone else.
    I know if my partner called me by another womans name i would be so upset about it. So angry and would probably lose some trust and maybe i would be even having doubts that the relationship was going as well as i thought it was. I am just trying to see it through her eyes, but i am guessing that is how i would feel. I would be probably angry for a few days, but if my partner was being as nice as you are then i would have forgiven and forgotten about it by a week or so. I definitely wouldnt have let it go as far as 2 months!!!

If i were you, then i would sit her down and explain everything you have here. Tell her nicely that you have done all you can do to show her that it meant nothing and was a simple easy mistake. Its her choice to continue this nonsense. But explain you really dont have to put YOU through it when u havnt really done anything wrong at all. Tell her its her choice, but you cant take anymore of it. See how she reacts, if she doesnt care then maybe you should rethink the whole relationship.
    Has there been other incidents like this in your relationship? If she is not willing to try and understand your point of view on this, then who knows what she will do when something a little more serious happens!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabella View Post
    You know what? It has nothing to do with Jerks/ cheaters. And don't try to comment on meeting jerks/ cheaters here. When you meet a bitch who is liar/ maybe cheater. Return to discuss about this. They could act like actors and till the end you still try to blame on yourself for many things till someone tells you the truth. So, don't say it so fast, or you might meet one.
    People who don't understand what healthy relationships are supposed to be like, cannot spot, and are often attracted to, the cheaters and jerks.

More than likely, you had no role modeling from parents to learn what healthy relationships are supposed to be like, which is why you think her behavior is something he should accept as normal. It's the same dynamic as why you would be attracted to a cheater and jerk.

Could you give more meaningful advice? Again? She's not cheating him or lying to him, she's upset, that's what I kept saying right at the start, and you can keep your opinion about dumping someone so fast for your own life, just remember, grass isn't always greener else where and you might end up in a cheater's hand instead of these problems. If that's how you work in your relationship, I'm sure you will end up having no gf who really loves you.
    She's treating him like crap and trying to make him jump through hoops. More than likely, she's been making him jump through hoops to please her for most of the 4 years they have been together.

When you understand what a healthy relationship is supposed to look like, it's easy to screen the unhealthy people out, which is exactly what one needs to do if he or she wants to have a respectful, intimate, and loving relationship.

I think you just need to lay it out on the table one last time. Tell her your sorry, explain you were drunk, it was just a slip of the tongue, and that you truly have no feelings for your ex. And then you need to explain to her what she is doing to you now, and tell her it needs to stop. I can understand her being upset a bit, being mad for a week or so, but she seems to be dragging this out to the extreme. She has some serious insecurity issues, and if she is going to just keep this hanging over your head the rest of the time you guys are together you need to let her know she needs to get over it or else YOU are going to walk. If she doesn't trust you enough to forget about something like this I don't really see her as being wife material. Especially when she is so quick to threaten a break up.

If you are taking every possible route of apology and she isn't accepting any of them, there is a point you need to say enough is enough. If she gets like this over a small thing like this, whats she going to do when the big issues come around?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Apollo View Post
    I think you just need to lay it out on the table one last time. Tell her your sorry, explain you were drunk, it was just a slip of the tongue, and that you truly have no feelings for your ex. And then you need to explain to her what she is doing to you now, and tell her it needs to stop. I can understand her being upset a bit, being mad for a week or so, but she seems to be dragging this out to the extreme. She has some serious insecurity issues, and if she is going to just keep this hanging over your head the rest of the time you guys are together you need to let her know she needs to get over it or else YOU are going to walk. If she doesn't trust you enough to forget about something like this I don't really see her as being wife material. Especially when she is so quick to threaten a break up.

If you are taking every possible route of apology and she isn't accepting any of them, there is a point you need to say enough is enough. If she gets like this over a small thing like this, whats she going to do when the big issues come around?
    He's already said he's apologized every day and she is still not accepting it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    I keep apologizing in every way I can think of but she will not accept it.
    This is now 2 months ago since it happened, my relationship is on the rocks.
    The guy should have dumped her after the first week of her behavior. Instead, he has elected to remain her doormat.

Amazing all the people that have posted thinking that he should continue with his co-dependent, enabling behavior. No wonder so many people have trouble getting and maintaining decent relationships.

The guy should have dumped her after the first week of her behavior. Instead, he has elected to remain her doormat.

Amazing all the people that have posted thinking that he should continue with his co-dependent, enabling behavior. No wonder so many people have trouble getting and maintaining decent relationships.
    Do you have decent relationship or it's Worse? Oh I think I can't trust your reply anyway, cause your boasting behaviour is showing. Stop boasting and teaching him what to do, he's asking for advice to solve the problem in the forums. Go and teach your kid. It's rare that I be unkind to people. So you are kinda special.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabella View Post
    Do you have decent relationship or it's Worse? Oh I think I can't trust your reply anyway, cause your boasting behaviour is showing. Stop boasting and teaching him what to do, he's asking for advice to solve the problem in the forums. Go and teach your kid. It's rare that I be unkind to people. So you are kinda special.
    Have you noticed that everyone is in agreement on how the OP should handle this situation but you?

I guarantee if the OP brought up separating because of her harsh behavior, she will not only beg you to reconsider but will have a whole new level of respect for you. It actually shows her how serious and deeply committed to the relationship you really are.

People who don't understand what healthy relationships are supposed to be like, cannot spot, and are often attracted to, the cheaters and jerks.

More than likely, you had no role modeling from parents to learn what healthy relationships are supposed to be like, which is why you think her behavior is something he should accept as normal. It's the same dynamic as why you would be attracted to a cheater and jerk.

She's treating him like crap and trying to make him jump through hoops. More than likely, she's been making him jump through hoops to please her for most of the 4 years they have been together.

When you understand what a healthy relationship is supposed to look like, it's easy to screen the unhealthy people out, which is exactly what one needs to do if he or she wants to have a respectful, intimate, and loving relationship.
    Oh I kept saying that Don't Reply Mine More, Understand? I'm not dragging myself down...

What a waste of time and energy and space.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Have you noticed that everyone is in agreement on how the OP should handle this situation but you?
    . I guess that reply was not to you. I think this is enough for ya da. Ty.

As Smackie said before, I'm pretty sure you did something before that or some hidden reasons that lead her to stay angry like this, probably something to do with the same person- your ex wife. You are the one who understand situation the best. That's why you want to work through it and keep her, also I think smackie gave the best advice on what to do. Good luck.

Enough bickering ;o)
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234