+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should I be feeling this way? GF acting pretty cold

I live in the UK and trust me, we DO have internet/phone access

The strength to end this relationship has to come from within. Don't let your fear of being alone cloud your judgement - learn to be happy on your own and then someone who is more deserving of your love will come along and share your life with you. Think about how unhappy this girl is making you. Being in love is meant to make you happy, not miserable!!!

It's never easy.....emotional thoughts whirling around in your head, casting doubt on your decision. Just talk to her when she gets back and see where it goes.

You don't need to summon strength to leave her. You just do it.

Stop responding to all contact from her. It should help now that she's ****ing some hot European guys.

She is coming back tomorrow. I have had no contact with her since she left, even though I did tell her to write me, and I wrote her a message on FB. The only sign I had that she is online is that she added me back as a friend to FB.

The funny thing is, I am almost positive she doesn't have anyone to pick her up tomorrow at the airport. She didn't ask me to do it, but I have a feeling Ill get a call or a message asking me to come get her. I don't want to be her puppy, but then again, I don't want to be an ass if she really doesn't have a ride. What should I do?

Also, tomorrow is mothers day, so, I might be out spending time with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by lavalamp777 View Post
    The funny thing is, I am almost positive she doesn't have anyone to pick her up tomorrow at the airport. She didn't ask me to do it, but I have a feeling Ill get a call or a message asking me to come get her. I don't want to be her puppy, but then again, I don't want to be an ass if she really doesn't have a ride. What should I do?
    Ignore the call, you pussy.

Tell her you have a date, and can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Ignore the call, you pussy.

Lol thanks guys

If this ends badly and you figure out that you need to forget about this girl, make sure that you've said everything you need to say. You can't work on getting over her if you know there are things unsaid which you would die to say. Just go all inn, tell her every single thing you want to tell her. That way, you can sit down, relax and think "there is absolutely nothing else I can do to save this." Then you're already halfway there.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lavalamp777 View Post
    She is coming back tomorrow. I have had no contact with her since she left, even though I did tell her to write me, and I wrote her a message on FB. The only sign I had that she is online is that she added me back as a friend to FB.

Is she your GF or not? If she asks for a ride and you don't want to get her, then you two shouldn't be together. End of.

Don't do anything you don't want to, but then act consistently. Break up w/her if you haven't yet.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

agree with indiereloaded, she's your gf, pick her up.

sounds like you should dump her though. but make sure you get the money you lent her back

This is the girl you should be having mind blowing sex with until she dumps you. You better get to it ! ;-)
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

So she came back from the UK.

I got a short email from her before saying she didn't have much access to the net but that she will be back soon.

She texts me saying that she is back. I text her back saying "great, welcome back, hope you had a good trip." I go about my day and like a fool, I'm expecting to at least get a call from her to meet up etc. After all, our relationship has been rocky for the past 3 weeks now, I've seen her once in the past 2 weeks for a couple of hours. I text her asking if she wants to meet today? She gets back to me and tells me that today isn't really a good day, because she is busy. I tell her that if we don't meet today, we probably won't be able to meet until after the weekend, since I have classes in the evenings and she is going away, yet again, on the weekend for a dance competition.

I just had enough of feeling non important. I went by her place to basically break up with her, because I need to move on, start the healing process, and make myself available for other things out there...I told her that we went from being amazing together for that first 1.5 months to practically being nothing. I told her that I know relationships cool off, and that's normal, but I was expecting some median between what we had, and what we have now. She said she never had this problem in past relationships, of needing to give more attention. I told her I never have either, none of my relationships were more one sided than this. I told her that I'd love to make this work, but, if I feel this way then it's not healthy.

She said that it looks like a I need a girl who adores me, gives me attention, etc etc. I told her that's pretty extreme and not really the case, but, some attention or showing of importance would be great. She said she loves me, so, if you love a person, wouldn't you at least show them that you care?

On the flipside, I am seriously considering that, this is just the type of person she is, cold, distant, and for her that's enough. I know she was raised without a dad, her mom working 3 jobs and never being there, so, she had to figure out most things out in life herself, which, made her pretty independent, way more than me for sure. I'm saying this because yet again, when I went there, she was shocked at how I am feeling because in her mind she thought everything was fine. The same thing happened the first time I went there after she ignored me for a week and gave me those shoddy text messages like I was a piece of shit.

We talked and in the end, I couldn't just leave and walk out of there. I told her I'd still love to try and see where things go, but, I can't stand the fact that she is so absent minded and non empathetic towards how I feel, and if she was willing to work on that, this could work. She told me she doesn't know, and that I may be right about her not having much empathy. She said that even if we continue, she will be afraid to say things to me over text/email because I will take them the wrong way.

She basically said she needs time to think and she will get back to me.

Also, she said she doesn't want to lose me fully, which, I translated into as, she would still love to be my friend whatever happens. I told her there is no way I could do that, it would break my heart seeing her move on, be with someone else. I'm not mature enough/emotionally stable. Maybe in a year or something, but not right now. She was really sad to hear that, and, I know she values my friendship a lot, as I do with her.

Dude stop hanging on. If she needs "time to think" and is ready to put you in the "friends zone" then that should tell you that she isn't "in love" with you. It's not about so much about attention, but really being a part of and sharing one's life. She isn't doing that with you. If this was worth the fight if she was sobbing, begging you not to end it....but it didn't happen...she wants to "think about it".....that's so lame.

You need to remind yourself that she doesn't want to make any real effort to fulfill your needs, your relationship expectations...so why do you have so hang onto someone that doesn't give you that? Just let her go.

Text her and tell her that if she has to think about it this much, then she probably doesn't really want it. Tell her you want to just cease contact. Trust me, it won't be as big of a blow to her as you think. The girl doesn't care about you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast