+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling pretty down today... some cheering up?

Feeling pretty down today... some cheering up?

I've liked this girl since high school (Sept. 2006) and I've told her quite a while ago and at the time she was pretty flattered and appeared to be interested and always talking with me, and she said she'd give me a chance. I'm not gonna give the whole story because its kind of long, bottom line is she is not answering my messages on facebook for two months and I didn't do anything wrong. In fact, the last message she sent was asking me if we could play tennis (we both play) and I've been trying to talk to her about it but shes not answering, yet she is talking to other people on facebook. Its just really hard because I've liked her a lot for such a long time and I've thought about her all the time since then, I feel pretty empty. I sent her a final message saying that I'm waiting one week for her to answer and then I'll call it quits. My life hasn't revolved around her or anything but it just feels like I've wasted so much energy over the years and so much time has gone by it just hurts that this has lasted so long. I feel like I just want to go back in time and do something about it. I'm not the best when it comes to this stuff and shes actually the closest to a girlfriend I ever had. How do I just get over it?
    Last edited by atac57; 27-07-11 at 08:06 AM.

I am finding out, time is all that can heal the pain you feel when you are trying to get over it. That and talking to people who appreciate you, it really helps for good spirits! In the time being, just try to keep remembering that life goes on and if you arent meant to be with her, there is someone who will love and be much more special to you waiting out there somewhere for you to find her
    Keep trying to think positive and the rest will fall into place. One day, you will wake up and she will no longer be a burden to your mind. Just a memory! I hope you feel better soon. All the best
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Thank you JadenMia. I appreciate it. I'm starting to blame myself a little bit because I feel like I should've done some things differently, like tried to be more forward, I sort of feel like I wasn't. Meh, I will take your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by atac57 View Post
    Thank you JadenMia. I appreciate it. I'm starting to blame myself a little bit because I feel like I should've done some things differently, like tried to be more forward, I sort of feel like I wasn't. Meh, I will take your advice.
    Believe me, those feelings will haunt you, dont think like that! I keep going over and over what happened in my relationship, if it was my fault, if i did things differently, would he love me? But dude, those feelings will keep you feeling low, you did what you did and all it comes down to, is if they loved us, they would be with us, and be good to us. Bottom line is they dont, they wont. Rejection is a harsh feeling, but it will be something we learn just happens in life and next time it wont hit us as hard and we wont (hopefully) make the same mistakes again.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Ok, one other thing... does anyone else agree that it's pretty cruel to suddenly start ignoring someone for two months whos been nothing but nice, friendly, and supportive to them for a very long time? Especially if that person invited you to go and do something with them, why would you start ignoring them after saying quote "...what are you up to? do you want to hit sometime? (as in play tennis)." Makes me want to go postal!