+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: why do people go Tanning?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakistani View Post
    you must be living on mars, look at pakistans location on a map and look at india's location, pakistan is right beside Iran/afghanistan and India is south of pakistan which has much hotter climate then pakistan, pakistanis on average are brown, but we are not dark brown for the most part, most indians are actually dark brown, espeically south indians
    I can't believe you're debating over how dark you are. LOL.

To most Westerners, there's no difference between the three.

Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post

That's because you are ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post

i am not debating, but you have to agree there are different complexions with in brown people, some people are really dark brown and some people really light brown, if you can't see that, then you must be blind

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    ^ Insecure, insecure, insecure!
    lol, i am not insecure at all, i was just correcting your comment, this is my facebook pic that i posted earlier on this forum, my skin tone is more (med) like many other pakistanis, infact just yesterday i got a complement from a beautiful girl at my office about my skin tone/complexion, i think she is in to brown guys lol

Last edited by Pakistani; 10-04-11 at 01:05 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always thought the further east you went, the darker the skin. (Not that I care.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

^ the further towards the equater, people around the equater have the darkest skin

Yeah, and the people sitting in the front row at Shamoo get splashed with the most water.

I'm sexier.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

... than Shamoo?

Excuze moi?

I know the difference because I didn't fail geography, thank you very much.

It seems everyone else is uneducated about it, and just don't give a f*ck.

i am not debating, but you have to agree there are different complexions with in brown people, some people are really dark brown and some people really light brown, if you can't see that, then you must be blind
    Also, I think I should know that since I'm part black.

I just think the whole thing useless, since the world sees you all as the same. If you're tan, brown, caramel, chocolate.......you're just dark to them. Like, I can stress so much on how diverse my background is, but because I'm half black, thats all they see, and so label me as that. You just have to get over it, know who you are, and don't care what everyone else says.

^ i think you are wrong on that, only ignorant people say all the coloured people look the same, heck even with in white people there are different skin tones, for example southern europeans are darker then northern europeans, they look different to me. I dont think the world is that ignorant anymore, espeically where i live (toronto, canada) where people have great knowledge of other cultures because of the diversity here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    HEY! Don't call us ignorant for not being able to distinguish between Pakis and Indians. As far as I know, Pakistan includes a variety of "looks", depending on the ethnic group. For example, the Punjabi are darker skinned, and the Hazaras are more fair. All of the Pakis I have met in person have been quite dark-skinned, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

^ i think you are wrong on that, only ignorant people say all the coloured people look the same, heck even with in white people there are different skin tones, for example southern europeans are darker then northern europeans, they look different to me. I dont think the world is that ignorant anymore, espeically where i live (toronto, canada) where people have great knowledge of other cultures because of the diversity here
    I also live in a very integrated city. But people still are not gonna give a damn.

People have different versions of what is 'dark'. There's white dark, and then there's all types of other dark.

^ yeah thats what i am saying, there are different versions of brown or black, like i am considered "light" brown by most of my friends and my sri lankan friend for example is considered "dark" brown because his skin is dark, but yeah i agree with you that we are both called brown, i never argued that fact

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast