+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have a crush on this girl...

Stick that treadmill in front of your favorite hour-long tv show and speed walk through it. Do this every day while sticking to your diet and you will lose weight.

And like misombra said, you have to sweat. If you're not sweating, you're not walking fast enough.

The working out may make you feel hungry at random times and you may get the urge to break your diet so try drinking lots of water throughout the day. Drinking lots of water is a really good way to curb hunger between meals.

If I were you, I wouldn't focus on sweating. You could be sweating just standing outside and you wouldn't be doing any cardio.

You need to buy a heart rate monitor and focus on keeping your heart rate between the higher and lower limits during your cardio. To figure it out, do this:

Subtract your age from 220. That will give you you maximum heart rate.

To get your higher limit, multiply your maximum heart rate by 0.9.

To get your lower limit, multiply your maximum heart rate by 0.6.

Your heart rate should be between your higher and lower limits at all times during the cardio. Avoid going over the higher limit.
    I don't chase, I replace.

you might want to read about the dangers of obesity. particularly diabetes and heart disease. those things suck. i have been around people who have had those illnesses and it is not fun at all.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

About last February I when to the doctors to get a form filled out so I could play soccer but she wouldn't let me. She did some tests and I don't have diabetes or any kind of heart disease, though I do have high cholesterol. I'm going to make another appointment there soon to see if my cholesterol has changed any.

Sweating isn't important except to cool off.

Hit your school gym. Jog on days you are not at the gym.

Do upper body one day, lower the next, and keep alternating like that everyday. Including the weekends. At least two days a week (on upper body days) go jogging as well for at least a mile (like at your school track). Walk a lap, then jog a lap or two, walk, jog, walk, ect. After a mile or one and a half (jogged laps that is) you should stop. Go home, get a cool drink (not too cold and don't drink it too fast). Then get a shower and relax.
    ITS CUS I'M HOT RIGHT!? RIGHT!?!?!?

Muscle training is not important for weight loss. If you work on building muscle (which you won't even be able to see until the fat is gone), you're going to be disappointed because muscle weighs more than fat.

Cardio is all you need to do in order to burn fat. And when you do cardio, you have to do it first thing in the morning before you eat breakfast. That way your body doesn't have anything to feed off of while you're working out except for the fat that is stored.

oh, well I didn't realise the difference since I'm studying to be a software/hardware engineer.
    ITS CUS I'M HOT RIGHT!? RIGHT!?!?!?

Are there any other cardio machines beside a treadmill? The treadmill is just so boring to me. I'd love to get an elliptical but we don't have money to get one, what with this being my Senior year and all the stuff we need to get. I'm trying to get a job though to help out my mom.

Would lifting a barbell without any weights, for say 30 minutes, burn the fat in my upper arms? I've been watching this show on The N called Student Body and on there they do that; I don't know if the barbell they use is weighted though. I should probably try to get a jump rope and a medicine ball too. I'm about to go to Wal*Mart for some school supplies so I'll check out the equipment they have there.
    Last edited by TSA09; 24-08-08 at 03:14 AM.

You can't localize where you lose fat. Your body decides that for you. Some places are harder to burn fat than others. Really, speed walking is the best way to do it... or go to a gym and use their elliptical.

anachronistic Guest
    You will burn the body fat in the way that you put it on. First it burns off in areas like your arms and your legs... then your cheeks and your fingers, then finally it burns of your abdomen. That's just typically how it is, it really depends on your genetic makeup.

In order to burn the fat off, just working on the treadmill isn't going to do it. You have to concentrate on a new diet, with less carbs and calories, while still maintaining daily nutrients. Your calorie intake should be less than the amount your burning. Every 3500 calories you burn, you will lose 1 lb of weight.

Are there any kind of devices that can show me how much calories I am burning while walking outside, jumping rope, etc?

When I was at Wal*Mart I looked around the exercise part and they had a bunch of stuff there like ellipticals ($300-400), exercise bikes, heart rate monitors ($30-40) jump ropes, resistance bands, body balls, weighted dumbells, workout benches, mini-trampolines, and a bunch of other stuff. I really hope I can get a job so I can buy some of that stuff.

For my diet, is it okay to sometimes eat Hot Pockets? The reason for this is there is barely any food left; all of the lettuce, carrots, and stuff are frozen because my fridge is crappy. I could probably eat a tuna sandwich for dinner but I don't think that would be too filling.
    Last edited by TSA09; 24-08-08 at 07:23 AM.

You need to start looking at the contents.

Theoretically, you can eat anything as long as you are burning more calories than it contains, but you really need to start watching your fat intake. No more than 20% of your diet should be fat.

And like I said, if you really want to lose weight, don't bother with jump roping. Why do you keep trying to get away from walking on the treadmill? Yes, it's going to be boring... so what? You're going to lose weight.

Sorry I didn't read the posts at all...just glanced at the last one.

Aerobics is one of the best and fastest ways to lose weight overall.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Sorry I didn't read the posts at all...just glanced at the last one.

Aerobics is one of the best and fastest ways to lose weight overall.
    Jumping rope is not as good as running/speed walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Jumping rope is not as good as running/speed walking.
    I disagree. I read somewhere long ago...that aerobics is best for fast calories burning. The article showed a chart with the amount of calories burned with each type of exercise and jumprope I believe but not sure was high on the list...I think more so than running and definitely more than speed walking. It stuck in my head and that is how I exercise and nothing is better to me. My bf does running/speed walking and it is more tolerable so I understand why someone would not do something hardcore as jumping. I am sure info about it can be found online somewhere.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast