+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My bf suddenly wants to wait until marriage to have sex.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    OK, in my opinion, a long distance relationship (unless you are married) is just a very deep friendship.

As I see it, love requires closeness, but, again, this is just my opinion.
    How would marriage make it any different? Would they then just be friends that are legally married?

When done right, a LDR is just as good as any other relationship. It's up to the people to keep the closeness there though.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Of course you are allowed to voice your (odd) opinion, and we are allowed to express disbelief.
    LOL, this is great.

Vash, I just want to say how much I really enjoy your (nasty) little comments. Much better than those *coughs*.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    People that lasted 5 years in regular distance can break up after only 3 months of distance.
    I agree with the other points you made but where is the statistics and research on this quote? According to it, My past 7.5 year relationship would have lasted 4.5 months as a LDR. My 10 months LDR would last 16.7 years as a regular distance relationship with those calculations?

How would marriage make it any different? Would they then just be friends that are legally married?

When done right, a LDR is just as good as any other relationship. It's up to the people to keep the closeness there though.
    Exactly, it is up to the people to keep the closeness. I have been emotionally distance when my ex and I lived together. LDR require a lot more work but IMO you gain so much more, because you have no choice but to communicate and be intimate in order for it to survive. You seriously get to test what trust means and feels like. I also believe physical contact is needed but it may not be necessary for some (I couldn't go into those kinds of LDR) especially those that live many hundreds and thousands of miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I agree with the other points you made but where is the statistics and research on this quote? According to it, My past 7.5 year relationship would have lasted 4.5 months as a LDR. My 10 months LDR would last 16.7 years as a regular distance relationship with those calculations?
    It wasn't a statistic. I was just giving an example that a LDR is difficult, and that I've seen a 5 year regular distance relationship end after 3 months of distance.

It wasn't a statistic. I was just giving an example that a LDR is difficult, and that I've seen a 5 year regular distance relationship end after 3 months of distance.
    Wow, that's horrible. LDR is a true test of what love can stand.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Wow, that's horrible. LDR is a true test of what love can stand.
    Exactly. Some people just can't stand to be not be able to physically touch someone though. A LDR is extremely hard to do.

I think it depends on the individuals of the couple. My bf likes to be alone and travels often and does lot of volunteer work, etc. I love a LDR better than close distance relationship (I know weird) and I love to travel. We usually travel to different destinations. It would definitely not work if children were involved. It works for people who travel a lot for work, etc too...that is my case with my bf. If we become serious and decide to be closer or live together I may have to travel often to different locations because I enjoy doing it, plus it would be like an adventure to keep the sparks alive. We're not the average couple so we are not a good example. It's not for everyone.
    Last edited by lesa; 11-06-08 at 09:11 AM.

My gf and I definitely don't WANT to be in a LDR. We want to live closer, and I will be moving to her in March when I finish the first year of my program. But there's no moving on. I can't. I love this girl and I'd gladly go through the nine more months of distance in order to be with her.

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    i said earlier u have to obey him ... u refused , nw u got back to him BUT beware u should be internally convinced with his terms..
    I am Clear....believe me I am...I love him with ALL my heart and I thought about it LONG and HARD (no pun intended) and his friendship, his companionship, his understanding and just him overall mean MUCH MUCH more to me than a roll in the hay.

Caine I thank you for your words of encouragement. My family thinks I'm nuts for wanting this LDR since we're physically so far away, but he and I speak MORE than any other bf I've EVER had on the phone daily and not just becoz we're involved in a LDR but because we share SOOO much when we're on the phone with each other. He is truly amazing and wonderful.

My gf and I definitely don't WANT to be in a LDR. We want to live closer, and I will be moving to her in March when I finish the first year of my program. But there's no moving on. I can't. I love this girl and I'd gladly go through the nine more months of distance in order to be with her.
    My bf and I definitely would prefer to live closer to each other, we didn't plan to fall in love with each other, it well, it just happened. And losing him because of distance or sex or anything would literally hurt like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by elfen31 View Post
    My bf and I definitely would prefer to live closer to each other, we didn't plan to fall in love with each other, it well, it just happened. And losing him because of distance or sex or anything would literally hurt like hell.
    It means a lot to him that you're willing to wait with him, I'm sure. My gf would have waited if I wasn't ready and it meant a lot to me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LDRs are an okay option so long as it is for a finite length of time and neither party loses interest, but let's face it: the majority of people have the attention span of a gnat and have a huge need for face-to-face interaction and ego-boosting, which is why they so often don't work out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    LDRs are an okay option so long as it is for a finite length of time and neither party loses interest, but let's face it: the majority of people have the attention span of a knat and have a huge need for face-to-face interaction and ego-boosting, which is why they so often don't work out.
    *gnat

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ??

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast