+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lifestyle Changes for Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by independent
    ...Hayward's comment "got to me" though. I guess because I wasnt expecting it from HIM.
    I would hope you don't also put down your sense of humor along with the nicotine. It's been my observation that everyone here is subjected to a little good natured needling periodically. I see no reason to take any offense from any of it.
    Speak less. Say more.

My teenage son thinks its *funny* to get me riled up. Even though I have explained to him how important this is to me. And I have explained to him the process that I am going through - and how difficult a challenge it truly is.

Still, he will pick and pick and pick until he has me completely stressed out.

It's immature and inconsiderate, and I'm disappointed in him over it. But he's just 14. I finally just started ignoring him altogether so he would quit... which finally worked.

Oh, puh-leese. Threats are so uncalled for. If you're so ill-tempered over being a momentary foil for two people having their own repartee you were only a point of departure for, and then completely forgotten, by all means, ignore away. I have no patience for misplaced anger, in any case. Even if it is emerging only as result of no longer being supressed by your former smoking habit. Moreover, getting supremely pissed-off over SOMETHING might even do you some good. Help you make a final decision or two, maybe.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 24-11-05 at 10:42 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Threats??

This thread is for those of us that are talking about making lifestyle changes as smokers - to non-smokers. My situation with my son was handled very well, I thought... They are very much affected by MY lifestyle change (especially at the moment).

what the hell? Do you feel like I was "threatening" towards my child? I certainly was not...

Your post seems very hostile... unless I am reading it wrong.

Oh - I go back up and read your post before mine. Yes, you reminded me of that and I thought it worth posting (relevant to this thread, actually).

Whatever. I think you're being an ass.

I was trying to move on with the thread. You seem hell bent on detouring this thread and making it personal. Have at it.

Opinons vary. And mine is you're being irrational for taking umbrage at remarks I made playing off a comment Lloyd made. But if it the satisfaction of feeling offended helps fill in the emotional gaps cigarettes used to plug up, and you care to ignore the fact that such irritability is a common symptom of quitting, you're welcome to call me any kind of ass you wish and I'm happy to have been of help for playing that role for you.
    Speak less. Say more.

I never ignored the fact that I was irritable - or that it was a symptom I am experiencing. In fact, I stated that directly in my post. And my saying you were being an ass was in response to the post above - which Lloyd was not even involved in.

As for the rest of your pshycobabble (including "help you make a final decision or two, maybe") you ARE being an ass. I've made plenty of final decisions in my life. And I've made plenty very recently to boot. But I dont have to defend myself to you...

I considered you a friend, Hayward, and I am hurt that you chose to take a negative stance in this entire thread instead of showing support and encouragement. That's pretty much all it boils down to.

Sorry you chose to feel that way. I wasn't referring to your calling me ass, which is uninteresting in any case. I was referring to your taking umbrage in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, you're selectively re-structuring the sequence of comments to suit your purpose of the moment. But this entire line of discussion is doing nothing more than contributing to your irritability and complicating your quitting effort. What say we just drop it?
    Last edited by whaywardj; 25-11-05 at 01:39 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345