+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are most men like this?!

It appears to be working now. That is odd though.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsbabygirl View Post
    um first off i dont think all men drink beer and watch football. many do but not all. and i do think that most of the time the biggest problem in people's relationships is communication. But everyone needs to learn from one another!
    Men are raised to think physically. They are raised to always do hard work, dig the garden, chop wood, etc etc. So, through evolution this kind of thing is grown into our minds.

Have you ever done really hard physical work? When you did it, did you really think about your some kind of emotional problems, or was it jsut work? In my opinion, too much thinking causes emotional problems and too much thinking is caused by too much free time where there are lots of unused energy and brain doesn't have to be buzy with work, like doing flowers in garden, for example. Thats why women are crazy. In my opinion.
    Don't expect anything.

lol well now that makes perfect sense. I never thought about it in that way. My husband and I both have been having to take month off from school and we arent working at this time. so probably to much time with each other could cause some problems? I let him go out monday to hang out with the guys and I never called him one time I just let him have his fun. I will say that he came back with a totall different attitude and he felt bad about going out and leaving me at home. so could this be causing some problems?
    When life gives you lemons, shove em' in your bra and make your boobs look bigger!

Man asks his wife "Why do you wear a bra, you have nothing to put in it?" Wife responds " You were underwear dont you?"

Unfortunetly, hell had no vacancies! lol

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol well now that makes perfect sense. I never thought about it in that way. My husband and I both have been having to take month off from school and we arent working at this time. so probably to much time with each other could cause some problems?
    This is a major problem.

I don't feel like explaining, I'm sure Vash or Giga will, though.

Anyway, that's why me and my girlfriend live with 2 other roommates, it's like a small crowd/family, and the interactions are always different.

You'll only piss each other off living in constant close proximity.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I see that you did mention that this is a rant..try starting off your first sentence of your post telling the readers what you are after in you post. For example, you can start off saying that you are not necessarily seeking solutions to your issues but just want to feel validated on this issue, this example, this scenario, etc. Then when readers response they will mainly respond in the way that you are really asking.
    Nevermind, you did state that it was a rant, so there really isn't any advice to be given.

If you are looking for some kind of advice, clearly state your inquiry now and/or, edit the original post so that you'll be more likely to receive worthwhile advice.
    See how DBG takes the same advice only after a female presents it to her.

Biased.

I have to admit that in the past, I've been underwhelmed by the emotional responses I've seen from some men. They just didn't express the proper amount of distress about my distress.

In fact, I was just disappointed that Cali Boy failed to show sufficient emotion about something just last week.

Then I thought about whether I wanted to be a lesbian, and the answer is NO.
    Spammer Spanker

what is dgb first off...and yeah i am sure i over reacting i apologize I shouldnt have.
    When life gives you lemons, shove em' in your bra and make your boobs look bigger!

Man asks his wife "Why do you wear a bra, you have nothing to put in it?" Wife responds " You were underwear dont you?"

Unfortunetly, hell had no vacancies! lol

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what is dgb first off...
    DavidsBGirl
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what is dgb first off...
    DavidsBGirl
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I have to admit that in the past, I've been underwhelmed by the emotional responses I've seen from some men. They just didn't express the proper amount of distress about my distress.

In fact, I was just disappointed that Cali Boy failed to show sufficient emotion about something just last week.

Then I thought about whether I wanted to be a lesbian, and the answer is NO.
    I have a funny relationship with emotions. I think it's because I want them to make sense and while most of the time they do make sense the challenge of figuring them out is so immense that I sometimes get overwhelmed and my thought processes get all screwed up so I make a conscious decision to stay away from them all together. I know it' so much easier to empathize, but empathy without reason is another challenging concept which tends to overwhelm me because I'm not sensitive enough to pick up on when empathy is appropriate (Ironically, I'm sensitive enough to pick up on when someone is threatening me).

I don't know if this applies to all men. Maybe it's just me.

Do guys need to take classes on emotional reading?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not just a matter of expressing our emotions, at least in my case. We just don't have as many. I remember looking at an ex-girlfriend of mine and thinking "where the f-ck does all that emotion come from??" I think a lot of the time the sheer volume of some females' can be maladaptive.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think women are prone to overanalyzing things. We can also be mean and punitive when men don't understand why we are so emotional. Yes, I suppose women can say that men (in general) are emotional dummies, but I wish I could be like them. Their lives seem so much less complex (except for the having to tolerate women part.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I feel emotions sometimes, and when I do I try to shut them up. I try to turn them off. Every time the visits with my gf and I are over, it used to bother me. I'd get a little teary eyed cause I'm a friggin wuss. That bothered me. So I started controlling them again.

Guys just don't like showing emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    That bothered me. So I started controlling them again.
    I think you're spot on Cain. I think guys don't like feeling out of control. It's a scary thought if you think about it. A guy being emotionally out of control, a lot of damage can be done like that.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I think you're spot on Cain. I think guys don't like feeling out of control. It's a scary thought if you think about it. A guy being emotionally out of control, a lot of damage can be done like that.
    I looked at being able to control my emotions as a good way to never be hurt. Unfortunately, in order to build the wall that stops you from getting hurt, it doesn't allow you to feel anything for anyone else. My gf was able to knock a lot of the wall down and now that I'm able to be hurt, I don't mind because I love feeling the way I do about her.

I still want to have control of my emotions though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast