+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ask Me Anything About Guys

Men's body language and other forms of communication are much easier to interpret... I wonder whey women don't take the easier route and learn 'male language', instead of trying to get men to understand their overly and needlessly complicated 'language'?

It's the path of least resistance in the pursuit of what you want... right?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

sometimes i'll tell my bf that i'm pissed about something, and i think i'm being totally clear...

me: i'm pissed about __________.

then he'll come back and say..

you're just pissed because ___(something totally different from what i just said)_____.

wtf?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes I wonder if even women understand each other.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    sometimes i'll tell my bf that i'm pissed about something, and i think i'm being totally clear...

you're just pissed because ___(something totally different from what i just said)_____.

wtf?

The conversation may go more like this... according to the guy:

the girl: I'm pissed about the way you don't value my feelings. It makes me feel like you don't respect me or even like me...(continues on with a ten minute discussion)...

the guy: You're just pissed because I didn't say 'Hi' within 5 minutes of seeing you yesterday at work. Well you know what? I was swamped with work....

And the guy just might be right... in that him not saying 'Hi' asap... could've led to the feelings of not being valued or disrespected... etc. But essentially... the girl's just pissed because he didn't greet her in a quick way.

Women have a bad habit of adding to seemingly innocent occurrences. A huge majority of things that men do are often at face-value... the level of thinking didn't extend much beyond the action itself.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

wtf?
    You're a woman, which means we feel we're supposed to read between the lines?

But it really depends on what that "something totally different from what I just said" is because that could be signs that he's actually a very bad person. So to be honest, I'd need more detail to answer that.

IE: if it is something minimizes your feelings.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if even women understand each other.
    They understand each other, and then judge each other based on ability to use subtle additional forms of communication and then rank the other based upon perceived level of intelligence.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Aeradalia says:

"So, what is it that men want in a woman? What qualities are they wanting/needing in a woman that would make them say 'yeah, this is someone I can see spending the rest of my life with'?"

every guy is different but I think most would agree that we desire a girl who is attractive, down to earth, and enjoys sex.

shree367 says:

"i have talked to him.. he gives me every excuse.. and he wants to spend all his time with me.. i dont doubt he loves me with all his hearti dont think hes not interested because he always does cute things for me.. whether he makes em things at work, or just cute things when were together... (were always together.. when hes not working..and he works like 50 hour weeks.. soooo).. maybe its cos ive gained someweight.. could thatbe it?dont get me wrong im not a fattie but im not what i used to be thats for sure."

did you bother to read vashti's and my response? We don't doubt your boyfriend loves you. It could be an issue of low libido or maybe he's not physically attracted to you.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I suspect there were always people with bad manners. Just stay away from them.

BTW - can you give examples of the discourteous behavior? I could use a good laugh.
    Who is Lloyd? I would like to know the story behind him being a dirty old man. Seriously I could use a good laugh.
    anxiety out of place creates relationship static

neo you didn't answer my question!

misombra says:

"sometimes i'll tell my bf that i'm pissed about something, and i think i'm being totally clear...

wtf?"

b/c guys like to feel right about things. In his mind, he thinks he knows the situation better than you even when you tell him different.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nonconformist View Post
    Who is Lloyd? I would like to know the story behind him being a dirty old man. Seriously I could use a good laugh.
    He's an old poster - one of my all time favorites. Everyone loved him, I think. He ended up dating a girl in her 20s, and he was in his mid 30s.

didn't she mess around on him with a million other guys or something? lol.

i wonder what he's been up to...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe he married her?

I miss that dummy.

me too.
    ______

btw i had a dream about you vasshhh. you and i were going to new york for some job and we met up with starbuck. we were in a hotel room with some random man. he hated being in a hotel with two women.

on the way back we were in a plane wreck but everybody survived.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast