+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Me Anything About Guys

Ask Me Anything About Guys

I have a penis. Go.

so the other day vashhh and charlieboy mentioned something about when a girl gives it up too soon the guy doesn't like her anymore.

well if a guy likes a girl why would he try to get in her pants? is he looking for her to say no?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    so the other day vashhh and charlieboy mentioned something about when a girl gives it up too soon the guy doesn't like her anymore.

well if a guy likes a girl why would he try to get in her pants? is he looking for her to say no?
    I think it's a difficult question because there are different types of guys with different intentions. Some guys are just looking to score and nothing else. They will leave the girl regardless of whether she will give it up or not since they are not looking for anything else. Some other guys are driven by their penis and emotions later so they will test the waters to see how easy / hard it is to get into the girl's pants and then make a purely subjective decision based on the results. Other guys yet are looking more for an emotional relationship, they'd proly be freaked out if something happened too soon.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

(Some of these questions really interest me... some of these questions are more for what other women may ask)

Are there times where the desire for sex becomes incessant and annoying (for a few days or weeks)?

How often do common misconceptions held by women about men interfere with meeting girls and dating?

Other than sexual incentive (in some cases)... why would a man want to be with a creature as emotional as some woman can be?

Do men genuinely favor women who are 'helpless' or is that something they have come to expect from woman via in part to tradition?

Do you believe the idea of men thinking about sex as often as is stereotyped is grossly exaggerated?

What are some fundamental differences in tactics (those that manifest early on) when a guy is searching for a short-term relationship versus a long-term relationship?

Women focus on the future of a relationship very much... do men place a similar amount of importance on the future when they are in a long term relationship?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

My boyfriend flat out told me after we got together that he tried to have sex with me early to see what i would say. I turned him down. He said if I had said yes he wouldn't have gotten into a relationship with me or at least wouldn't have tried to hard to become my boyfriend.

I'm not Neo, but I will give my 2 cents. Later on Neo may give a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Are there times where the desire for sex becomes incessant and annoying (for a few days or weeks)?
    I think this will vary from guy to guy due to different sex drives. Desire is the strongest when you are with someone you like, but you are not getting any. When you are by yourself or when you are with someone with similar sex drive and getting enough it's not really a problem.

How often do common misconceptions held by women about men interfere with meeting girls and dating?
    Often. Though different girls have different perceptions of men I still find that you need to put effort to build a certain level of comfort and somehow prove that you are not 'one of those guys' with quite a few women. Sometimes I ask myself why should I be "proving" that to anyone, at other times I simply can't be bothered.

Other than sexual incentive (in some cases)... why would a man want to be with a creature as emotional as some woman can be?
    Well, there are quite a few reasons. Most people want to have a level of intimacy that you simply can't have with friends. Most people want to have a family. But most importantly I'm finding that guys want a compatible partner that they are attracted to and they can be proud of. Someone they click with and can share their experiences with.

Do men genuinely favor women who are 'helpless' or is that something they have come to expect from woman via in part to tradition?
    I think a helpless woman is very unattractive, I don't know anyone who would want a woman like that. Having said that, guys like compliance. A compliant woman can be strong, independent and self sufficient, but at the same time doesn't go against her partner. Women who compete with their partners or try to dominate them are also very unattractive, they spark the natural masculine urge to fight back and dominate the opponent. I think most guys will love a woman who is comfortable letting the guy lead in times when it is important (like when dancing).

Do you believe the idea of men thinking about sex as often as is stereotyped is grossly exaggerated?
    Definitely. Though guys are very visual and they go into that mode very quickly when presented with a figure, it's not a thought most entertain for hours and hours on end.

What are some fundamental differences in tactics (those that manifest early on) when a guy is searching for a short-term relationship versus a long-term relationship?
    It's hard to answer this question without understanding human perception which is not that different for both men and women. Everyday we interact with people who are automatically classified into certain categories. There are people we will never have sex with. There are people we may have sex with given a certain situation and environment, but relationship wise we are fairly certain it will not lead anywhere. There are people we are uncertain about all together. And there are people that we are certain will be perfect relationship material. Most of us when with perfect relationship material will try to build some kind of a long term relationship. It is all the others that fall into the vague area. So the first thing one needs to be aware of is the compatibility, how close are both to representing that perfect relationship material.

As far as tactics go, it's very hard to answer that question because everyone's tactics are different. But if speaking about majority, from experience I can tell that guys looking only to score move quickly. They don't want to waste too much time with someone when they can be using that time scoring with someone else. They will move on their target, create a nice experience, create a convenient settings and then go for it so they can move on quickly to someone else. Though having said that there are also plenty of guys who are willing to wait. There are also those who initiate multiple interactions and then bid their time since they have multiple targets to crack and they don't mind how long it takes to win that challenge. You won't know what the person's intentions are based on tactics alone, intuition is very important, you need to be able to see inside a person's soul.

Women focus on the future of a relationship very much... do men place a similar amount of importance on the future when they are in a long term relationship?
    Every man is different, some do some don't. Just like women. In the end it all comes down to compatibility.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

misombra says:

"so the other day vashhh and charlieboy mentioned something about when a girl gives it up too soon the guy doesn't like her anymore.

well if a guy likes a girl why would he try to get in her pants? is he looking for her to say no?"

every guy wants to get inside a girl's pants. It's programmed into us to spread our genes. The difference between men who 'hit it and quit it' and those who stick around is the former see girls as a conquest while the latter have more romantic interests. As for not liking a girl anymore after she gives it up, I believe this stems from an insecurity on the guy's part. He probably thinks she's been with many partners and feels that he won't measure up in some way. So the guy tries to console his ego by placing the fault on the girl instead.

Aeradalia says:

"Are there times where the desire for sex becomes incessant and annoying (for a few days or weeks)?"

yes

"How often do common misconceptions held by women about men interfere with meeting girls and dating?"

all the time. For example, many girls automatically put up their bitch shields as soon as a guy approaches them. Girls are so used to hearing that all guys want is sex that they blow us off or label us a creep for showing interests.

b/c women compliment men.

"Do men genuinely favor women who are 'helpless' or is that something they have come to expect from woman via in part to tradition?"

some men prefer women who are dependent to make them feel more manly.

"Do you believe the idea of men thinking about sex as often as is stereotyped is grossly exaggerated?"

no

"What are some fundamental differences in tactics (those that manifest early on) when a guy is searching for a short-term relationship versus a long-term relationship?"

a guy who is looking for a fling will be more aggressive and direct than someone who is looking for a long-term relationship.

"Women focus on the future of a relationship very much... do men place a similar amount of importance on the future when they are in a long term relationship?"

it depends on the guy. I'm sure there are men who like to plan for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cewzp4 View Post
    My boyfriend flat out told me after we got together that he tried to have sex with me early to see what i would say. I turned him down. He said if I had said yes he wouldn't have gotten into a relationship with me or at least wouldn't have tried to hard to become my boyfriend.
    to me that makes a guy sound like a dick. i think neo is right, it means the guy is insecure. it makes so much sense to me.

to me that makes a guy sound like a dick. i think neo is right, it means the guy is insecure. it makes so much sense to me.
    I don't know. I agree with him, I wouldn't date someone I immediately had sex with. And he's not a dick, I promise. Best 4 years of my life.

that's the thing, if you wanted to date somebody who didn't give it up right away, why would you immediately try to have sex with them?

i asked my bf about this and he said he liked me so much when we met that he would not have cared if we'd slept together in the first week we met. it would not make any difference.

i asked my bf about this and he said he liked me so much when we met that he would not have cared if we'd slept together in the first week we met. it would not make any difference.
    You totally had him reeled in when he saw your sweet metal shelfs you store your stuff on.

I don't know, these are kind of loaded questions in a way because no two men are programmed exactly alike, so not all stereotypes are applicable.

I see it like this:

If a girl is willing to have a one night stand/sleep with you on the first night, then what number are you in line? Its not hard to figure out if you are just that special, or your penis was enticing in the heat of the moment.

I've had one night stands, and they just don't do it for me, I don't enjoy sex nearly as much as I do when theres an emotional attachment beyond the physical act.

If a girl waits a few weeks, then you can safely assume that she is drawn to you in more than just a sexual way. If shes been there that long, shes taking a vested interest in you as a person and is attracted to the person you are.

If she sleeps with you the first night....then you got laid. If she waits, then you became intimate with someone who cares about you. Thats how I see it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    You totally had him reeled in when he saw your sweet metal shelfs you store your stuff on.

I don't know, these are kind of loaded questions in a way because no two men are programmed exactly alike, so not all stereotypes are applicable.

I see it like this:

If a girl is willing to have a one night stand/sleep with you on the first night, then what number are you in line? Its not hard to figure out if you are just that special, or your penis was enticing in the heat of the moment.

I've had one night stands, and they just don't do it for me, I don't enjoy sex nearly as much as I do when theres an emotional attachment beyond the physical act.

If a girl waits a few weeks, then you can safely assume that she is drawn to you in more than just a sexual way. If shes been there that long, shes taking a vested interest in you as a person and is attracted to the person you are.

If she sleeps with you the first night....then you got laid. If she waits, then you became intimate with someone who cares about you. Thats how I see it.
    Yeah, I watch for men that are whores too.

It does sound like Neo is correct for most cases.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

that's the thing, if you wanted to date somebody who didn't give it up right away, why would you immediately try to have sex with them?
    I suppose to see how much of a bimbo they are.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast