+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Things finally came to a head, I think

If you liked 'Ninja Scroll' you should try to find 'The Black Lion'. It doesn't have as good a story line because there are numerous plot holes, but the action is great. It is an older one, so expect to see huge eyebrows on the characters and more than a few that are rather Speed Racer-esque.
    Last edited by Incognito; 14-07-10 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

You have to "click" with a counselor just like you do with a friend or a date. Usually, there's an exploratory session first to see if the clients and the counselor all feel that they can do productive work together. It's not unheard of for a counselor to decide that he or she can't work with someone and refer them to another counselor.
    Spammer Spanker

^^^Hmmm, interesting. That's another plus.

Yeah what Gigabitch said. Any positive update on your situation?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You have to "click" with a counselor just like you do with a friend or a date. Usually, there's an exploratory session first to see if the clients and the counselor all feel that they can do productive work together. It's not unheard of for a counselor to decide that he or she can't work with someone and refer them to another counselor.
    This is exactly what I had. My very first one said she can't help me. The second one gave me a free get to know me half hour. I liked her, we clicked and I'm now seeing her somewhat regularly.

Ok, see now this helps. Actually positive feedback from multiple people who have firsthand experience. I'm no puppet nor am I a highly suggestible individual, so I don't just run and do things just because someone told me to. Up until now my knowledge of counselors has been mostly negative and I formed an opinion based on the information I had. As far as a positive update? We haven't fought or argued since we got back from VA, but that was only eight days ago.
    Last edited by Incognito; 14-07-10 at 02:54 AM.

it's something, 8 days without a fight is nice
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Well **** it, I'll toss in my 2 cents.

I use to see a few counselors privately back when I was in high school. I was living alone with my Grandma for about a year. She ended up committing suicide, and my mom moved in, and was extremely bitchy and beyond stressful.

Talking things out.... honestly helped me out. I never cried in front of a friend or a counselor about what happened, but I did know I needed someone to talk to.

This was, however, when I was all the way back in high school. Would I pay for it now? ... Possibly. If things were shitty, and I needed to sort things out, then yes, I would definitely pay for it. Having an outside observer is pretty nice to have. I can't trust my friends as much, since often people don't want to tell you the shit you need to hear.

By the way Incognito, find out if the company you work for offers coverage for sessions with a counselors. Many firms want to make sure their employees are not having problems at home (it will effect work, as you can presume), and often offer maybe 2 or 3 sessions with a counselor.

Way ahead of you. I called the insurance company a while ago and they said that the only types of counseling covered are the types for post traumatic stress or other related issues. Marriage counseling is specifically not covered, which is why I started price checking myself. $120.00 per hour was the cheapest I found.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what about her insurance?

She's on my insurance policy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345