+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Finally Had Enough...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I Finally Had Enough...

....of continuing to gain weight year after year. I had to face the fact, finally, that I was getting overweight.

So, I took the bull by the horns and completely revamped my eating habits. I eat clean (nothing processed or preserved, all fresh food), I drink 2+ litres of water a day, and I cut out all sugar and alcohol.

I need to lose about 30 pounds. In two weeks, I've already lost 7.

Hopefully, before the end of the summer, I'll be skinny Nina again.

Just thought I'd share my methods for anyone wondering what it takes to lose the weight. Pills and/or starvation aren't going to work (I've tried). Change your diet.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    or there's always HCG, 20 lbs in 2 weeks.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

or one could exercise. once alcohol has been cut out the weight will drop off very quickly
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I'm all ears. What's a typical day for you eating-wise? How many calories? What else don't you eat? Is dairy allowed? Take-out? (LOL)

Cutting out alcohol seems to be working for me as well. I lost 4 pounds in two weeks and I realized it's because I didn't drink any alcohol during that time. I'm having a house party this weekend so I'm going to cheat a bit. But I'm so happy with the results I may just go sober for good.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Yes, cut alcohol (but red wine is good for your blood circulation) and fatty foods out. Cook at home, that's healthier than eating out. Buy some cookbooks if you cant do it yourself. Go for a mile walk everyday, and try to go longer and longer if you can. Start slow.

Drink a lot of green tea. Not the processed stuff either. Go to a tea shop and look into full leaf items. Tea helps break down impurities in our body which helps our metabolisms and definitely helps with overall health not just weightloss.

And, remember to LOVE YOURSELF! stress and negative thinking about yourself will not help you at a cellular level. Happy thoughts all around will bring happy bodies

Sorry for the overly cheerful fluff :-)
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you should be sorry
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Eat only rice with a small ration of meat 1 time per day, and that's all. Walk everywhere you go, and get at least 9 hours of sleep every night.

Other than getting 9 hours of sleep every night, that's how my diet and everything changed. I have lost maybe 35 lbs in a little less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Eat only rice with a small ration of meat 1 time per day, and that's all. Walk everywhere you go, and get at least 9 hours of sleep every night.

Other than getting 9 hours of sleep every night, that's how my diet and everything changed. I have lost maybe 35 lbs in a little less than a month.
    Yeah but you're a spry youngin' and I'm an old lady. I walk everywhere yet the pounds do not melt off me the way they did when I was in my twenties.

And your diet sounds not-so-nutritious, Doppel. Get some veggies in your gullet for Pete's sake.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Congrats on losing 7 pounds Blue! Though I don't think you are anywhere near to getting overweight.

I lost about ten kilos in 3 months after I came back from Canada. I did it mostly through a good diet and cycling. I didn't count my calaries intake but my diet consisted of something like cereal for breakfast, small side dish with meat for lunch, salad, side dish with meat and plenty of fruit for dinner. It worked like a charm. I'm still keeping true to this diet and I'm not gaining anything unwanted.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Yeah but you're a spry youngin' and I'm an old lady. I walk everywhere yet the pounds do not melt off me the way they did when I was in my twenties.

And your diet sounds not-so-nutritious, Doppel. Get some veggies in your gullet for Pete's sake.
    I am about to stuff my gullet right now Mmmm, basmati rice with pork and bread.

Yesterday a friend took me out and bought me supper. Nice guy.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm losing weight - more than I want to. My mum freaked out the last time she saw me.

I have fruit and coffee in the moring, a big sandwich for lunch, another coffee in the afternoon and takeaway for dinner. I exercise less than I used to because of work and uni (three surfs a week). And I have a couple of beers every night.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post

Then again, I don't usually walk everywhere. Back at home, I only walked around on campus. I used my car to travel everywhere else. Now that I got up off my lazy ass and have to walk everywhere, things are changing.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My big problem was my love of sugary drinks from Starbucks, and my alcohol habit. Not that I'm a drunk, but I have a full wine rack at home, and I use it. I also will drink beer on hot days, and Bailey's in my coffee on a cold morning.

The diet I'm on cuts out a LOT of carbs, and encourages lots of fruits/veggies, and protein (lean meat, beans, low-fat cheese). Also lots of seeds/grains.....I eat flax, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds every day. No sugar at all, except the naturally occurring types in my food.

I'm planning to start this kickboxing class this week too. I love a good workout, and that should kick my ass.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi