+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So what if you died tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Somebody needs to tell OV that different people have different perspectives on what's important to them. Some people care about legacy, some don't. Some people have ambitions of greatness, some don't. Some people want things and do something about it, some want things and do nothing about it.
    You can go and do all those thing and then some for all I care but when you die none of it matters.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

It doesn't matter to the dead man...unless you believe in an afterlife..then it should matter. Imagine if there's an after life. People like Jesus, Martin Luther King, Ghandi and Che Guevara will have all kinds of bragging rights. Then they'll go to you and be like, so what did you do in your carnal life.

I'd love to say something more than: "Well, I ate, slept, ****ed, and repeated".

But that's only if there's such an after life, which I'm not sure of.

Freds

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    unless you believe in an afterlife..then it should matter. Imagine if there's an after life.
    There is the same chance of me taking a pink,talking, living piece of shit as their is for an after-life. When the brain stops its function...well...it stops its functions...PERIOD.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nomas.. it's not so much as i don't care what happens in the future... wait come to think of it. i won't even be alive... oh well.

but what i'm getting at is that i would like to make it easier for my future. i think that going to the grave and putting flowers to remember your ancestors is good, but what happens when your grandchildren dies?? who will remember you then? how many people actually go to the graves of their great grandparents?? as for me, i don't even know where it's at. after a few generations, you basically are forgotten.

now as to the ashes and the furnace. they place the body inside the funace and they put a tag on you. as to getting all the ashes into the urn without cross contamination of ashes, i would think that they are pretty strict about the procedure. however the tag is just to make sure that the correct ashes go to the correct family.

raveboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345