+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Xbox Died!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

My Xbox Died!

But maybe this is a good opportunity to spend time on other hobbies...

That sucks. If you are gonna try something new..I give two options

1.)Something other than games could be cool
    2.)Not snow boarding! it hurts!...actually it was badass though. lol.............but it hurts!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I got this fancy 14 mega pixel point and shoot camera, and it's got a lot of cool features, I'm thinking maybe I could just play with it for a while.

If only my computer would break, then I wouldn't spend so much time on these forums.

It's about time. Get an Xbox 360 then.

I don't know how you people break consoles so much... I've got a really old SNES and it still works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yeah, I got this fancy 14 mega pixel point and shoot camera, and it's got a lot of cool features, I'm thinking maybe I could just play with it for a while.

If only my computer would break, then I wouldn't spend so much time on these forums.
    Got damn you lucky mofo. And here I am going crazy over a 10.3 I still cant get up to this day.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    It's about time. Get an Xbox 360 then.

I don't know how you people break consoles so much... I've got a really old SNES and it still works like a charm.
    What is this "you people" stuff? It is an Xbox 360, and you can ask Microsoft why so many of their consoles die. According to the black screen of death that came up, code E 74, I read that it's a dead GPU. I'm surprised my console lasted as long as it did because according to everyone else that bought a console when I did, it's long overdue. I never abused it, I kept it sitting horizontal on an open wooden shelf and rarely played it for more than 2 hours at a time. I just turned it on today to put it in a dvd and it started flashing red.

People have sued Microsoft over these issues.

I don't know of many cartridge based videogames systems dying. The technology then was much simpler, there were virtually no moving parts, and over heating was a non issue until the Playstation (maybe the Sega CD as well?)
    Last edited by Junket; 25-01-09 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Got damn you lucky mofo. And here I am going crazy over a 10.3 I still cant get up to this day.
    Megapixels after 8 means absolutely nothing when it comes to image quality and how good a camera is. 10mgp is actually consider the standard nowadays. The Canon 5D is considered by many to be one of the sharpest DSLR's available and it was only 12.8mgp. But now the 5D Mark II is out and has 21mgp, lol. But that's besides the point.

Really after 8 the only difference is that having 21 mgp allows you to crop without suffering much quality loss. Lenses are the key to a quality image. You can have a top of the line DSLR and have a crappy lens, and the pictures are going to be sub par. You can have a cheaper DSLR and a quality lens and the pictures are likely to be a bit better. Almost all P&S cameras after 8 mgp are going to have the same quality. The only difference is the functions and little useless features the more expensive ones have.

Really the only P&S camera I would consider having would be a Canon G9 or G10. Both which capture in RAW and are basically the next best thing to a DSLR.

As for the console. Good, get off it and go running/biking. I never play games anymore for the reason that I have a tendency to get addicted to them.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I imagine since the SNES is such a simple device in comparison there are fewer parts to go bad. I've still got my original NES. That thing's been kicked around for almost a quarter of a century and it won't quit. 360's go bad for no goddamn reason.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude, I simply wasn't going to carry around a DSLR. I like that I can put this in my pocket and go to work or around town and that's that.

I mean, for a point and shoot, it's pretty amazing, the amount of automatic features, plus the ability to switch to manual mode should I ever reach that stage is cool. I've been playing with the color isolation and macro features. I can get in pretty darn close to things with this. I think the manual said within 2 cm for the lens that's before the digital zoom.

In any case, it was free.

On the Xbox side, it would cost me 94 dollars to get repaired, but I might hold out on doing it just to see what I can come up with to fill in that time.

I spend most of my free time drawing and painting... and reading too. But that's because those are my passions. Videogames have always been weekend recreation and midnight relaxation.

What are your passions, Frasbee?

This reminds me, I got an Xbox 360. Playing The Darkness atm.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I've been playing F.E.A.R. in my freetime. That game is so scary, I can't play it without being drunk.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I've been playing F.E.A.R. in my freetime. That game is so scary, I can't play it without being drunk.
    Pbbt! You don't know scary. Pick up System Shock 2 and if you can stomach the poor graphics by today's standards be prepared to wet yourself many, many times. That is one creepy as shit game.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Haha good game that Finished it a lil while ago.

As for me I had both an XBox 360 and PS3 so i sold my XBox and invested in a PSP so I can make my gaming portable, video games are one of my passions ALong with other things of course.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Fras, It's not under warranty anymore? Mine got the "red ring of death" and Microsoft replaced it free of charge.

There are always PC games. The new Star Wars MMO coming out this year looks intriguing.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast