+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Arizona Passes Law to Check Immigration Status

Fixed :p

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love that the Mexican President was talking about suing Arizona.

It would be like the United States providing welfare to another country.

Speaking of which, how about bailing out Greece?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post

If it's not the Mexicans then it's the Canadians or the Russians. I can already hear the commonfolks' voice in my ear. "Those damn Russians marching right through the strait!"

It might interest you to know that the border between the USA and Canada, where I live, is a two foot wide ditch with no border patrol. I could jump it. I often look at it and think, if the Mexicans could only see this, they'd be SO offended.

I guess the difference is, they want into the US and we don't
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    We don't want you either. The last thing America needs is more workers in the service sector, more people leeching off the wealth generated by others

I repeat, the US should help all our current illegal immigrants make their way to Canada
    aren't you trying to be a doctor?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Not trying, I am going to become a doctor. It's not that hard

But I see your point. Yes, I am entering the service sector. And I have become all that I hated
    Cool, I'll look you up when I shock myself and fall off a 24' ladder.

Since healthcare will be free and all.

I'll still tip you.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM - What makes you think we'd be pouring down there to bolster your fine economy? Ha ha. Last time I checked, we were financially sound. Jobs for lots of people. Immigrants welcome. And our two major banks (one of which I work for) is buying up all of yours.

I welcome the immigrants that you don't want. They work hard. We give them landed status and they pay taxes. Send 'em up.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    DM - What makes you think we'd be pouring down there to bolster your fine economy? Ha ha. Last time I checked, we were financially sound. Jobs for lots of people. Immigrants welcome. And our two major banks (one of which I work for) is buying up all of yours.

I welcome the immigrants that you don't want. They work hard. We give them landed status and they pay taxes. Send 'em up.
    They're not immigrants if they're illegal.

I want to emigrate to Canada.
    Spammer Spanker

Does anyone here watch "Weeds"?

The legal-minded person in me says that we need to manage our borders and vigorously control illegal immigration of all types.

The nihilist in me says that Mexico is just reclaiming Alta California (i.e. most of the Western US). Under the current bozo of a president, if Mexico invaded Arizona, the Obama would probably pay Mexico fees for 170 years of back taxes, wrongful occupation, and would apologize, too.

Unless the US gets off its collective ass, it is ****ed as a nation. Interesting to see how easily it can all be unraveled in less than a lifetime.

And the US version of the Greek-style anarchists? Hell, they live in the Bay Area. The "tolerant" little jerks beat the hell out of (or kills) anyone who disagrees with them. Yes, beware of the "children" because the "children" (trained to be so PC) are a seething mass of anger. The white men on the left and the right are particularly angry because society castrated them and turned the geldings into clowns. Its Germany in the late 1920's all over again and it will likely be as big a blood bath as at that time.

A pity that human beings are still so stupid after 200,000 years of evolution.

What the?^
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    1 word. Bullshit. America is a hypocrite in all ways possible. People want to hire illegal mexicans/latinos/hispanics to do the dirty work and then criticize them for being here illegally doing the jobs that middle/upper class suburban folks don't want to do. And yes there are lots of canadians that immigrate here and cross the border illegally, and we don't acknowledge it as an issue because they are white. If we're going to persecute people for being here illegally it needs to be fair.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    1 word. Bullshit. America is a hypocrite in all ways possible. People want to hire illegal mexicans/latinos/hispanics to do the dirty work and then criticize them for being here illegally doing the jobs that middle/upper class suburban folks don't want to do. And yes there are lots of canadians that immigrate here and cross the border illegally, and we don't acknowledge it as an issue because they are white. If we're going to persecute people for being here illegally it needs to be fair.
    Wrong.

The people that hire illegals are not the people complaining about them.

They love them, they love how little they need to pay them, and love the long hours they'll work, love the go-get-'em attitude.

The only walking contradictions I can see are the upper middle class that oppose illegal immigration but support contractors who do.

But that's a much smaller population than the middle to lower-middle class that oppose illegal immigration because they're watching their jobs disappear to them.
    Last edited by Junket; 05-05-10 at 04:36 AM.

I really don't understand the hatred of illegal immigrants. They risk their lives to come here and willingly work themselves to death for practically nothing. Where I grew up, all the kids were taught to go to university and get good jobs, and we mostly did. Getting a job an illegal could take would make you a loser. They're not competing with us; they're doing things we won't, and without them, we would have a huge economic problem. All of our fast food places would either have to close or drastically raise their prices. By joining our community, they not only make their lives better, but ours, too! The problems caused by illegal immigration would evaporate if all the rednecks living along the US/Mexican border would get an education. It's not the 20th century, anymore--time to modernize.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    I really don't understand the hatred of illegal immigrants. They risk their lives to come here and willingly work themselves to death for practically nothing. Where I grew up, all the kids were taught to go to university and get good jobs, and we mostly did. Getting a job an illegal could take would make you a loser. They're not competing with us; they're doing things we won't, and without them, we would have a huge economic problem. All of our fast food places would either have to close or drastically raise their prices. By joining our community, they not only make their lives better, but ours, too! The problems caused by illegal immigration would evaporate if all the rednecks living along the US/Mexican border would get an education. It's not the 20th century, anymore--time to modernize.
    You're wrong too.

What you're condoning is exploitation, it's a step up above slavery.

To continue what we have going that means illegals must continue to be under paid and live in often cramped and impoverished conditions, it means that when they get hurt they will go to the emergency room where we will have to foot the bill. It means that when they raise children here, everyone, but the non-tax-paying illegals will be paying for their education. It means the contractors that use cheap labor will have a better chance (and often do) of scoring the bid for the job which means contractors who employ legal citizens will receive less work and lay off legal citizens simply because they followed the rules.

Not to mention, the illegals that are hired to do work, and then get f*cked over by the contractor who decides not to pay them because they don't have any rights.

Don't even get me started on job site safety and efficiency.

You think these guys know building codes?

Think you can effectively coordinate with them when you're trying to use sign language and broken spanish?

"Doing things that we won't."

Things you won't.

Not every legal citizen is pussy paper pusher.

By the way, Immigration came on to the job and arrested several illegals.

Eat it.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast