+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Relationships

Eco, if you don't believe resolved issues should be brought up again, then I don't want to hear any more of your conspiracies regarding the pharma companies. I've seen you point that out in at least five separate threads.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Eco, if you don't believe resolved issues should be brought up again, then I don't want to hear any more of your conspiracies regarding the pharma companies. I've seen you point that out in at least five separate threads.
    ye lately because 'other' people have brought it up. as far as i'm concerned i said my piece a long time ago, its not me that seems to be hanging on to it
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I just find it entertaining that whenever you feel like you've lost an argument, you start crying about people's post counts and their "lack of humor".

Just wave the white flag already, Eco.
    this here is not about 'winning' an argument....it is a lack of humour...very simple but true
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    this here is not about 'winning' an argument....it is a lack of humour...very simple but true
    I didn't know this thread was supposed to be humorous.

I didn't know this thread was supposed to be humorous.
    read the bit where i got involved.....i was having a bit of fun and it just got oh so serious....

read the bit where i got involved.....i was having a bit of fun and it just got oh so serious....
    Really? You seemed pretty serious to me.

The only time I noticed you had a sense of humor was when you were trying to put down shh!'s opinion.

Really? You seemed pretty serious to me.

The only time I noticed you had a sense of humor was when you were trying to put down shh!'s opinion.
    well thats the difference between you and me....isn't it......

well thats the difference between you and me....isn't it......
    Yeah, you're stupid and I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Don't be surprised. There are only about three of us who are married, and many of the rest are commitment-phobic youngsters.

That explains it I guess. Too idealistic and not living in the real world ?

I'm sensing a lot of tension here. Maybe if you lot were in open relationships you would learn to relax more

Quote Originally Posted by sands View Post
    That explains it I guess. Too idealistic and not living in the real world ?

I'm sensing a lot of tension here. Maybe if you lot were in open relationships you would learn to relax more
    If an open relationship is the only thing that will save my marriage, I'd rather divorce. The only way I'd ever consider it is if I was only keeping the marriage together for my children and once they moved out, the marriage would be over. I'd never let my wife sleep with another man in order to "reignite" our relationship. The fact that you know she's happy ONLY because she's sleeping with another man should really make you feel a little bad... that you aren't the reason she's happy now.

And as mentioned, this "toy" of hers should have been someone she didn't have an emotional history with. While she may not leave you for this man, I'm pretty sure I can safely assume that there IS an emotional connection between them and not just physical like you thought.

Folks go an read the posting in the introduction section titled "She wants to meet other men..."
    Cheapest veg oil prices for fuel use at
    www.vegoil.me.uk

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, what's it like having a Legal Harem? I bet the guys on here would really like to know.

Does your wife keep the rest of the women in line? Like a Chinese First Wife?

Do you phone around near the end of your workday & find out who's making the best dinner (and dessert)?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Tedel Guest
    Hello everyone. First posting so here goes...

My wife and I have been married for 16 yrs, have 4 kids and up to a couple of years ago were very happy. In the past few years things have got a bit stale. I've been off with my career etc and she has been stuck at home or with her part time job.

Anyway, we were heading towards some real problems when a few weeks ago she bumped into an old boyfried. She still had feelings for him and basically was torn between the excitment of a relationship with him and the duty and committment of home life. She has been absolutely 100% honest with me about this and I have encouraged her to explore her feelings with him in an open relationship. I'm more than happy for her to have a relationship with both of us as her being happy is all that counts. We have a good strong, trusting relationship and have talked about this at length and I trust her completely.

Has anyone else out there currently in an open relationship and how does it work for you ? What rules have you established ?

Best wishes
    S & S
    She's made it clear that she has no intentions of running off with him. Its a physical thing, not emotional. I dont have any issue with that at all. I dont have an ego to be offended.
    Sorry, amigo, I'm just reading this thread, but... Are you silly? nuts? stupid? Are you sure you are a man? How come you "authorize" YOUR woman to "explore" her feelings for someone else?

Don't take it personal, I'll keep reading and probably write something else in a few minutes.

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    What if there is nothing to fix?
    People change over time. Personalities change.

Alot of people stay together for convient sake but they are no longer in love with each other. The concept of "forever love" is more often than not a delusion fed by movies, magazines, the media, parental upbringing etc.
    Bullshit. I went to sing to the celebration of a 50th wedding anniversary last Sunday, and they not only married again before a priest, but he also "kissed the bride" with an undoubtable 1-minute French kiss.

Tedel Guest
    Europeans have completely normalized it.
    I'll never go to Europe, period.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast