+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: as a friend or more? Input needed!

Ok so it happened The show was at 7 and I didn't hear anything from him so I thought he must have forgotten but then he called sharp at 6:30 and it was so funny because he thought that I got tickets for both of us. I told him I thought he would get it and he felt really bad so he rushed to the ticket counter and luckily he got tickets for both of us. We just casually sat in out assigned seats and watched the show. It was Shrek The Musical and it was amazing and we laughed. The show got over at 9:30 and he asked me if I had my dinner. I told him no and then we went for a long walk and had a long "un-romantic" talk. We just gossiped about people from our college and similar talks. Then we went to a mexican grill and ordered something. Then we suddenly started discussing about sexyness. So I named 1-2 girls from our college and asked if he thought they were hot and he said "Nope,not at all." Then I was got very curious so I asked "What about me? Do you think I'm hot?" He started smiling a lot with his mouth widee open and then he said "Ohh Common, gia" and he kept smiling for long. God knows what that even meant!! And then he said that h'll be changing dorms the next semester and asked if I want to move in to the same dorm as his. I just told him, "I'll think about it." Then I realized he was very exhausted because he had a very hectic schedule and it was 11:30 pm already by then so we decided to leave. We took the bus because he was very tired and it was too cold. The bus was empty but he sat next to me. Then he dropped me to my dorm and we said good bye and left.

Quote Originally Posted by gia01 View Post
    I asked "What about me? Do you think I'm hot?" He started smiling a lot with his mouth widee open and then he said "Ohh Common, gia" and he kept smiling for long. God knows what that even meant!!
    You're kidding, right? I'll spell it out for you: HE THINKS YOU ARE HOT.

You two are both inexperienced, that's why neither of you attempted any physical contact. Next time, you ask him out and during the date flirt with him, touch his arms and shoulders, hug him, etc. One of you has to muster up the courage to kiss the other!

We touch each other's arms a lot. It's like whenever he says, "Do you want to go eat there?? " and when I say "Only if you want to as well" and then he says,"Oh common" and he holds my arms and pulls me. And also I have this habit of playfully punching his arms while talking. And that's all we do. He kept staring at my heart shaped necklace haha. And that's all we do. We never did something which could create some romantic spark between us where one gets goosebumps by even the slightest tough .

Next time he pulls you close, don't pull back, instead get even closer and kiss him on his cheek (or lips if you're brave enough).

yesterday when we went for dinner it came upto 7$ each.I took 3 1$'s by mistake instead of a 10$ note. Then he paid for me and he said "It's ok, you can pay me later."
    So today I have to pay him 7$ if we meet by any co-incidence. When I told my friends about our meet, they said it's not a date if he pays and it could be that he just wanted to hangout with me and nothing more.

Did you read what I just wrote?

Why is it so difficult for you to accept that this guy is into you?

haha ok ok. It's not about me. It's just that my friends think that way. One of them is a guy too. But that's ok. I'm thinking of calling him for a group dinner tomorrow. Not sure if he would come but no harm to give it a try.

Stop playing games with him and testing him. If you are not careful it can blow up in your face.

What does *your* gut tell you? Your friends weren't on your date with you. Instead of inviting him for a group dinner, invite him to dinner, period. Just the two of you, and call it a date. Smackie is right, stop playing games. You know what you want, so do what you need to do to get it.

Not games exactly. Yeah but we both are testing the water. It's the getting to know each other phase and it feels really nice when he asks me personal questions about my life and he hears everything with 100% concentration and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    What does *your* gut tell you? Your friends weren't on your date with you. Instead of inviting him for a group dinner, invite him to dinner, period. Just the two of you, and call it a date. Smackie is right, stop playing games. You know what you want, so do what you need to do to get it.

Umm yeah,I'm cancelling on the group dinner thing. It might just perhaps make him feel awkward or less comfortable. I'll come up with some good event next weekend so we can spend quality time together again. And as far as question on my intuitions go, then I would like to think that he saw it as a date and he might be falling for me. I mean,he was all exhausted and he knew he has classes that day since 7:30am-5:30pm and yet he had an amazing dress up. It was a cool party type shirt and I've definitely never seen him wear such shirts in college for classes. So he dressed up for a date though the poor guy had his eyes half shut the whole time haha. Also, the fact that he told me "If we don't get tickets for the show then no big deal, we could go for a long walk and then get dinner." I think that implied that he did plan the whole evening well in a way that he could spend time with me. He's really sweet but shy and I'm trying to get closer to him. Actually we both are trying to get closer to each other. Maybe not physically yet but mentally. It's just that it's going toooooo slow but moving slow is at least better than nothing happen at all

No he definitely wants to physically get closer to you. Guys want to get physical and don't give a rat's ass about mental.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    No he definitely wants to physically get closer to you. Guys want to get physical and don't give a rat's ass about mental.
    I agree that he wants to get physical, but guys actually care about the mental connection too. The good ones, at least.

Having said that, you definitely should make a move if he doesn't, or he might lose interest / think you're not interested. Don't move TOO slow. Being physical with a guy you like is amazing :-).

LOL you so think like a girl. This guy has been fending off a boner since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    This guy has been fending off a boner since day one.
    I never denied this. I just know that it's not true that all guys don't care about the mental part.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast