+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So I have a crush on this girl...

Quote Originally Posted by TSA09 View Post
    I don't have any money to buy one of those yet. My mom gets paid Wednesday so I'll talk to her about it. I'm trying to get a job so I can buy exercise equipment and help my mom pay the bills. I've been watching The N's Student Body for a while now and it's going to keep me motivated; one guy on there lost 74 pounds in just 12 weeks. I know I'm going to have to work like crazy to lose this weight. I don't know if I mentioned this or not but I walk home from school almost everyday (if it's not raining) and it takes me about 20 minutes; I'll start speed walking it starting tomorrow.
    It's going to hurt. It's going to be uncomfortable. I used to have a dry throat and pain when I'd run when I was in the Army. You do what you have to.

Just stay motivated.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I'll try the treadmill again tomorrow; I'll aim for 15 minutes. What I'll probably end up doing is working myself up to the 60 minutes, adding five minutes each day.

Be sure to speak with your physician.

I wasn't able to walk this morning; I woke up too late. After I walked 20 minutes from school I got on the treadmill for 10 minutes (my back started to hurt). Around 7 I'll walk around my block a few times for about 30-45 minutes.

When I finished my walk home from school (20 minutes) I got on the treadmill for 25 minutes; I don't know if this is bad but the speed was set to 2.0. I'm aiming for 30-40 minutes tomorrow.

When I finished my walk home from school (20 minutes) I got on the treadmill for 25 minutes; I don't know if this is bad but the speed was set to 2.0. I'm aiming for 30-40 minutes tomorrow.
    That's a 30 minute mile. That's not a speed walk. I can walk a mile in 15 minutes at just a normal speed.

How many calories did it say you burned?

I believe it said around 70 calories. What speed do you think I should set it to?

I believe it said around 70 calories. What speed do you think I should set it to?
    I don't know what you can handle, but you should definitely be at a fast pace. I'm not expecting you to be dead at the end of the walk, but you SHOULD be exhausted. You should be sweating and breathing heavily.

You really need to save money for a heart rate monitor. That's going to tell you what speed to set it at because you need to hit your target heart rate.

You eat more than 70 calories in one meal. That's not doing anything.

I just got a heart rate watch, trying to figure out how to set it.

I couldn't get the watch to work so I took it back; I figure I don't really need it. I weighed myself today and I'm now at 311, which means I lost nine pounds since three weeks ago when school started. I speed walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes today at 2.8-3.0 speed today, burning about 50 calories. I know it's not much, but my goal is to add five minutes each day. My new goal is to weigh 300 by October. Wish me luck guys.

You are doing great! Continue to go slow and easy is the safest way. Also weight yourself daily is helpful to motivate you to continue although some sources may say otherwise. I find weighing myself daily works as motivation more than weighing only weekly, etc.

Keep up the good work, TSA!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

If I can force myself to wake up early enough I'll take a speed walk around the park.

I think I'm getting over the crush. I don't think about her as much as I used to, I don't look at her MySpace anymore, and I don't really care when she talks to other guys. Me and her are sort of acquintances (did i spell that right?) right now. She's been friendly to me as of late so I guess I'll just play along.

Alrighty. You're doing exactl opposite of what I'm doing. Hm. Well speaking of calories, 50 is like a can of soda. I kinda think you need a personal trainer. it helps you get motivated, and believe me a personal trainer can help exponentially.
    Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast