+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Date with a Turkish guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    Heck, this guy is the first to really take me out and pay for cinema and food since my ex, and you know what? I felt unworthy. It's crazy.
    Yes, it IS crazy. Stop it at once.

But much later when I did suggest that we live together for a few months, he first said yes, and then changed his mind, conveniently after I had booked and payed deposits and everything. He said I had pressured him into agreeing to it and that I was clingy and that oh btw we weren't going to be exclusive while I was there.
    I wanted to murder that clown for doing that.

I should clean my room!
    Um, ya think? Get on it- a dirty room is a bad impression, always!
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A WASP, Tiay, is a pejorative term used by white liberals and non-whites to describe people who are white and protestant in the US

Wasp is to white protestant as camel jockey is to arab, for instance

It's the word my liberal 8th grade teacher used to describe white protestant students, when she went around the room asking the ethnicity and religion of each person, and every person who was white and protestant she would say to "You're a wasp"

Basically, the people who built the country I live in are WASPs (excluding African-Americans, who are similarly integral parts of this country but are not WASPs)

Hahahhaa @ camel jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I wanted to murder that clown for doing that.
    oh giga, you have my permission. Though, he was a good guy at heart- I just couldn't predict when he was going to have an attack of commitment phobia, and I always ended up feeling like it was my fault. Maybe that's why I feel unworthy. Damn it, that bastard gave me relationship issues.

Um, ya think? Get on it- a dirty room is a bad impression, always!
    yeah, especially since his room was very neat. Then again, marks3's room made my room look spartan, and that's saying something

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    A WASP, Tiay, is a pejorative term used by white liberals and non-whites to describe people who are white and protestant in the US

Wasp is to white protestant as camel jockey is to arab, for instance

It's the word my liberal 8th grade teacher used to describe white protestant students, when she went around the room asking the ethnicity and religion of each person, and every person who was white and protestant she would say to "You're a wasp"

Basically, the people who built the country I live in are WASPs (excluding African-Americans, who are similarly integral parts of this country but are not WASPs)
    giving kids religious labels is what I find most disturbing, there. How is an 8th grader supposed to have decided what they believe about the world at that age?? What kind of f'd up system asks 8th graders for their religious beliefs? All it is is stuffing their parents beliefs into their impressionable little minds. Ewww.

I get your point, but I don't think 'white protestant' sounds quite as pejorative as 'camel jockey', though.

If he's a Turk, he's likely to be Sunni. A lot of Turks are secularized and as Sunni Turks, they tend to be less fervent in their religion; but, it sounds like he's going through a more religious phase in life. Perhaps its due to separation from his culture--the religion helps him find a tie. I know several Turkish Sunnis who are very secularized who eat pork (secretly) and drink alcohol (not so secretly).

Also realize the way the dhimmi are viewed and then those viewed as heathens. The dhimmi are non-Muslim but religious subjects (tend to be People of the Book) who are afforded some rights. The heathens are seen to have no rights.

How does this impact you? If he has relations with you and you are seen as heathen, his only fault lies in having dirtied himself. His culture would not dictate a sense of guilt for hurting you because you are not much better than an animal.

Okay, the most extreme case is in the earlier paragraph. How does it play out in the average case? A pursuit of the non-Turk/non-Muslim is a lurid pleasure since it isn't seen as anything more than fun with an object of desire. There would be no real future and no repercussion for him unless it was something that could be real--in other words, you convert to Islam or you happen to be of the same culture as himself.

So, since it is just fun, dating etc. be aware of how each party approaches the relationship, to include sex, etc.

giving kids religious labels is what I find most disturbing, there. How is an 8th grader supposed to have decided what they believe about the world at that age?? What kind of f'd up system asks 8th graders for their religious beliefs? All it is is stuffing their parents beliefs into their impressionable little minds. Ewww.

I get your point, but I don't think 'white protestant' sounds quite as pejorative as 'camel jockey', though.
    Well, the WASPs started the country, but the non-WASPs immigrating 1880's-1920's were the cheap labor. And, that trend continues with other groups. It's life, it's reality.

In terms of the dismay about the labels. Well, sure...it isn't always comfortable to think that the non-Western world thinks in these terms. We'd better come to understand (albeit not appreciate or like) their worldview...or we're blinding ourselves to alternative realities and futures.

Yeah, it doesn't have the same ring as "honky" and "cracker", or even "white devil".
    Spammer Spanker

All these racial slurs crack me up.

Porch Monkey is probably the funniest I've heard. Camel Jockey is creping up to take that spot though.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I like "Red Sea Pedestrian" for Jews
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's because my ANALogy was "WASP is to white protestant as CAMEL JOCKEY is to arab"

wasp and camel jockey are the slurs. not white protestant and camel jockey

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought wasp was just an acronym for white anglo saxon protestant. (Although, yes - I tend to associate that label with overly clean-cut middle aged men wearing polos shirts and women wearing flowery sun dresses.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is what it stands for, but it is also pejorative, at least meant to be pejorative. However people generally have a difficult time with that because they are not use to such a historically successful people being able to be belittled and actually take it seriously

Anyways, Tiay should get back to dating the half-Italian American guys. Only the best type

I like "Red Sea Pedestrian" for Jews
    hm.. I'm afraid my ability to engage in a debate about race, or in fact to do anything involving higher brain function has been severely compromised by the fact that I just got back from the gym where I happened to bump into him. He switched to the treadmill next to mine.. and later he was doing situps.
    Oh giga... I could just eat him up.

also, my room as clean as it has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    If he's a Turk, he's likely to be Sunni. A lot of Turks are secularized and as Sunni Turks, they tend to be less fervent in their religion; but, it sounds like he's going through a more religious phase in life. Perhaps its due to separation from his culture--the religion helps him find a tie. I know several Turkish Sunnis who are very secularized who eat pork (secretly) and drink alcohol (not so secretly).

Also realize the way the dhimmi are viewed and then those viewed as heathens. The dhimmi are non-Muslim but religious subjects (tend to be People of the Book) who are afforded some rights. The heathens are seen to have no rights.

How does this impact you? If he has relations with you and you are seen as heathen, his only fault lies in having dirtied himself. His culture would not dictate a sense of guilt for hurting you because you are not much better than an animal.

Okay, the most extreme case is in the earlier paragraph. How does it play out in the average case? A pursuit of the non-Turk/non-Muslim is a lurid pleasure since it isn't seen as anything more than fun with an object of desire. There would be no real future and no repercussion for him unless it was something that could be real--in other words, you convert to Islam or you happen to be of the same culture as himself.

So, since it is just fun, dating etc. be aware of how each party approaches the relationship, to include sex, etc.
    right.. dhimmi.. sunni.. heathen. Oh boy. You're just full of helpful info, cam. Maybe I should call myself a heathen and see what he says. Right, well, i'm not converting to Islam, and it's not like i'm trying to convert him to atheism, either.
    interesting.. wouldn't premarital sex be considered a sin whether it was with a heathen or not?

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    That is what it stands for, but it is also pejorative, at least meant to be pejorative. However people generally have a difficult time with that because they are not use to such a historically successful people being able to be belittled and actually take it seriously

Anyways, Tiay should get back to dating the half-Italian American guys. Only the best type
    been there, done that. I now realise that I generally seem to prefer guys who are not much taller than me and have thick dark hair. Kinda makes sense, so.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wouldn't premarital sex be considered a sin whether it was with a heathen or not?
    It is definitely a sin to have premarital sex with a Muslim girl, but I don't know if it's a sin with an "infidel" living in an "infidel country".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast