+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Is this common in US?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonandfork View Post
    do you think before you speak? lol. If these immigrants are appalled by the practices in the US, then why come to this country?
    Because there are other good reasons ,for example they like American culture...

Oh and some actually don't pay the bills ,because all of the money they earn, they send it back home to their families in need. A lot of immigrants go there for few months,they work from morning till night ,save every penny they get so their family can pay back debts or whatever...
    I wazzzz here

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    I'm not defending a bad one. Just because it doesn't work for a few doesn't mean it's not the best option. I don't like your system but if it works for your country that I'm not going to call it a bad option. You really should research a bit about our country before judging it.
    Looking at just this thread, there i more American members against such health care system... Unfortunately i don't have many American sources to compare ,but if I assume you are kind of a mirror of society,then well...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Looking at just this thread, there i more American members against such health care system... Unfortunately i don't have many American sources to compare ,but if I assume you are kind of a mirror of society,then well...
    Not so much. Europe and US are completely different. It's hard for me to even know what Europe customs are because there are so many different countries. There are some good things in Europe, for example, I like how Europeans treat maternity and how women with new babies are treated... and I want the US to take on a little bit of this, but not the full extent. Just because everyone in the US isn't covered, it doesn't mean that there aren't systems put into place to help people that CAN'T get coverage. If people can't work for whatever reason, there is social security. In all honesty, impoverished families that make below a certain dollar amount get on social security and they basically get free health care already.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    this post is going back to regard the original post. the wealthy in this country have to perpetuate that idea that poor people put themselves their poor condition and are to blame for the country's economic trouble. because the truth is that many rich people got there by pimping the system, stealing from others, and/or whoring themselves out. if you look into the history of all the filthy rich people in this country, you will see this as a legacy and a lot of the times it's overt.

the 50% of people who believe they can be rich are fools if they also think they can become rich being honest, ethical, hard working people. because that's bullshit.
    I'd like to add, that it's these rich, and the political puppets of the rich that try to persuade the masses that less taxes for the rich benefit everyone.

"Trickle down economics", they call it. Because after 8 years of trickle down economics we had a massive budget surplus.

I mean, after 8 years of trickle down economics we were in debt by trillions of dollars.

Anyone remember Bush's advice to the failing economy?

"Go buy stuff."

F*cking retard faggot sonofabitch.

Ummm... I think old people should get treated. IN FACT, here in the united states, there is Medicare. All old people over 65 get covered because they've pretty much worked to get us where we are and deserve it. In case you didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I just want to clarify that Medicare coverage is pretty good.
    medicare is great. however the worker who pays income tax pays for that. and medicare (along with social security) is the most expensive welfare benefit in our country's existence. and i do know, jello, because i minored in social welfare in college. medicare and social security have always been paid by young workers who have their income taxed. neither of these things were ever paid for in advance and saved for when a person becomes of a certain age.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'd like to add, that it's these rich, and the political puppets of the rich that try to persuade the masses that less taxes for the rich benefit everyone.

"Trickle down economics", they call it. Because after 8 years of trickle down economics we had a massive budget surplus.

I mean, after 8 years of trickle down economics we were in debt by trillions of dollars.

Anyone remember Bush's advice to the failing economy?

"Go buy stuff."

F*cking retard faggot sonofabitch.

reagan totally messed up our economy. he set up poor people to fail. i want to cringe when i hear people talk about how he was the greatest president of our generation. he was awful and his terrible policies have implications on us to this day. don't even get me started on bush.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    medicare is great. however the worker who pays income tax pays for that. and medicare (along with social security) is the most expensive welfare benefit in our country's existence. and i do know, jello, because i minored in social welfare in college. medicare and social security have always been paid by young workers who have their income taxed. neither of these things were ever paid for in advance and saved for when a person becomes of a certain age.
    I love medicare, and parts of social security. I know they are expensive programs. Even if they didn't pay a cent into the actual system, they still deserve it. Eventually older people have to quit working, but they should still have something to fall back on, medicare is their 'gift' for being a productive member of society.

The big problem that is developing, and I'm unclear about the actual numbers here so this is a very vague point I am making, is that I hear there are not enough people being born and going into the workforce to support these systems. As a country develops and grows, the birth rates decline. Places such as Japan are having trouble even obtaining replacement level fertility, and this can cause big issues with medicare and social security.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love medicare, and parts of social security. I know they are expensive programs. Even if they didn't pay a cent into the actual system, they still deserve it. Eventually older people have to quit working, but they should still have something to fall back on, medicare is their 'gift' for being a productive member of society.

The big problem that is developing, and I'm unclear about the actual numbers here so this is a very vague point I am making, is that I hear there are not enough people being born and going into the workforce to support these systems. As a country develops and grows, the birth rates decline. Places such as Japan are having trouble even obtaining replacement level fertility, and this can cause big issues with medicare and social security.
    Yeah, where the f*ck is my gift for struggling in this $hitty economy that was ripening while I was still in highschool?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yeah, where the f*ck is my gift for struggling in this $hitty economy that was ripening while I was still in highschool?
    Since you give no indication as to your background I have no idea what exactly it is that you have taken offense to. So I think old people should be compensated... woo hoo.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    all i know, is that if we hadn't taken in all those retired age immigrants and let them use OUR health benefits, low income housing and disability benefits and IHSS, then WE might've had a chance to have something left over for US. Unfortunately when WE retire, those funds will be long gone by then.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

The over charging that goes on helps to offset people that don't pay their bills, and goes towards doctors. Doctors graduate with 300k in student loans often times, they get paid a lot here. Doctors are also allowed to make much greater profit here, if you take away the potential to make profit many of the doctors will leave.
    Well, the over charging that goes on also helps to send people broke and turns them from middle class and into poor people. Does the benefit really outweight the flaws?

And this is before even touching on the real reasons why the universal health care is being introduced. First of all is it fair that the health insurance companies in US have the power to deny coverage for people with pre-existing conditions? Is it fair that if you have a "pre existing condition" you will be said "sorry, but that means we have to pay you more than we can squeeze out of you?"
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Health insurance should be non-profit.

There's absolutely no reason why they should be profitable.

And that's why we like having a government in charge of something as fundamental as healthcare, and not some CEO who sees patients as walking ATMs.

in the usa, ceo's=the government.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The Great American Kakistocracy, a government "for the benefit of knaves at the cost of fools."
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Well, the over charging that goes on also helps to send people broke and turns them from middle class and into poor people. Does the benefit really outweight the flaws?

And this is before even touching on the real reasons why the universal health care is being introduced. First of all is it fair that the health insurance companies in US have the power to deny coverage for people with pre-existing conditions? Is it fair that if you have a "pre existing condition" you will be said "sorry, but that means we have to pay you more than we can squeeze out of you?"
    I think denying people with pre existing conditions is fair, many people don't understand why this happens and why companies do this, I will explain.

They way our system can work and be most successful is if everyone contributes, when they are sick and when they are well. If I get sick tomorrow, I've been paying into the health care system for about 10 years now, so I've had many dollars to contribute to the pot. It's fair that I get coverage.

Say there is a fake person, sally, who is 32 years old. She has always been healthy so she's never felt the need to get insurance. One day she is diagnoses with something, and cannot afford to get treatment, so she applies for insurance. She has never paid into the pot for anyone else, so why should everyone pay into the pot for her.

Our system can't work if the only times you pay into it is when you are sick...

And it is a good system, it was working really well until the recession hit. In light of the recession, there should be a bandaid (sp) that can be quickly removed when the economy improves. Some things should still be fixed, but I don't think reform is good for our country.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast