+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Open Relationships

my bf says the same thing gerbil does. he says he wouldn't care if i ****ed some other guy and i can do whatever i want, as long as we don't lose our friendship or closeness that we have.

but he's a liar. he would not like it and i know it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    my bf says the same thing gerbil does. he says he wouldn't care if i ****ed some other guy and i can do whatever i want, as long as we don't lose our friendship or closeness that we have.

but he's a liar. he would not like it and i know it.
    Want to test that theory?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Half of all marriages end in divorce. How many miserable marriages are dragged out for the sake of religion, children or to save face? It's a terrible system. It doesn't work.
    Thanks Gribble.
    Thats my point.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The reason today's marriages don't work is due to unreasonable expectations. Or cluelessness (or both). Young couples, esp women I think, have been screwed by soap operas, movies & shows like "sex and the city". Life isn't like any of that.

I'm pretty sure *most* of us are saying that, if the relationship is honest, and the reason for going outside the marriage isn't to avoid dealing with problems in the marriage, then an outside sexual experience might be okay. It depends on the ppl involved & their attitudes & maturity.

But based on what I've read, most 'open' relationships don't fall into this category. Most are just excuses to go outside the relationship to get unfulfilled needs met. In this sense, I think Mish is totally right & that its a path to divorce, for most.

Sands, I hope you haven't got your head stuck in it. That's all I will say. If not, enjoy, if so, good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, tekkie guys, I need help with a problem. See the General Forum thread, please help if you can. Thanks. (sorry todigress, just seems like everyone is in this thread).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The reason today's marriages don't work is due to unreasonable expectations. Or cluelessness (or both). Young couples, esp women I think, have been screwed by soap operas, movies & shows like "sex and the city". Life isn't like any of that.
    To add.
    Its also because divorce is more acceptible in society now. Befor it was unheard of (or was consider scandalous) by society standards.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

I'm pretty sure *most* of us are saying that, if the relationship is honest, and the reason for going outside the marriage isn't to avoid dealing with problems in the marriage, then an outside sexual experience might be okay. It depends on the ppl involved & their attitudes & maturity.

But based on what I've read, most 'open' relationships don't fall into this category. Most are just excuses to go outside the relationship to get unfulfilled needs met. In this sense, I think Mish is totally right & that its a path to divorce, for most.

Sands, I hope you haven't got your head stuck in it. That's all I will say. If not, enjoy, if so, good luck.
    Man, it's amazing but I've basically said the same thing, almost word for word to this chick that asked me that.

Stupid people watch TV and don't realize what true long term relationships entail. Like every day you're suppose to be filled with intense passion for your lover. Give me a ****ing break.

I think Henry is right. People DO change and grow over time, and only the lucky ones grow in the same direction. Shit happens.

EDIT: Darn it kene! Now my post is out of order and makes no sense.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know both my parents have obvious crushes on outside parties, though they'd hotly deny it. My dad on the women that runs the Thai restaurant, and my mum on her Lebanese, thirty year old chiropractor.

After 27 years' marriage I can't imagine it'd do much harm if they both agreed to indulge in simultaneous flings.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I think Henry is right. People DO change and grow over time, and only the lucky ones grow in the same direction. Shit happens.

EDIT: Darn it kene! Now my post is out of order and makes no sense.
    Thanks Shh!

Yeah stuff happens. People pick up different ideals in life. People have different & new experiences with life. I dont think any of us were the same now as when we were teenagers. I think our values, priorities and needs changes as well. Our view of things changes as well.

I agree the lucky ones grow in the same direction.
    Last edited by Henry123; 17-09-08 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I know both my parents have obvious crushes on outside parties, though they'd hotly deny it. My dad on the women that runs the Thai restaurant, and my mum on her Lebanese, thirty year old chiropractor.

After 27 years' marriage I can't imagine it'd do much harm if they both agreed to indulge in simultaneous flings.

What? You mean your parents might actually still be interested in SEX?

Voice of reason as always, though I think that sex out side the marriage is always wrong. I think it misses the point of marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Haha what a lying cock sucker.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If you want to be able to have flings while in a relationship, why get married?
    I don't chase, I replace.

^^Exactly. There is no point in the marriage if you feel you deserve the right to have flings after a certain amount of years.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is the point of marriage? Who gets to define it? Who decides what counts and what doesn't?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast