+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend texting and meeting guy she has just met

Girlfriend texting and meeting guy she has just met

I have been with my Girlfriend for 2 years now, and was needing abit of advice.

Last week she met a guy when out for a family birthday party and they talked an exchanged numbers.

Two days later she tells me that she had been round to his house that day but assured me that they were just friends and nothing else was going on.

They regularly text each other and suddenly she is very keen to keep her mobile phones away from me. I did notice one text last night, asking if she was 'going to come round' after work.

Ultimately I dont know what to think. I trust her, but it is tearing me apart. She keeps promising me that they are just friends, but I have been stung with that one before. He knows she has a boyfriend, but keeps asking her out to various different things.

I really don't want to be seen as 'Controlling' because I am not that guy, but things arent adding up for me.

Thanks

Richard

You aren't controlling, I think your gut feeling is right. Tell her that if they are really just friends, then she should have no problem showing you her cell phone. Ask her to tag along the next time she wants to hang out with him, so you can meet her "new friend".

It's good to not be a control freak. But it's also good to have a good grip on reality. I think she's left the relationship but forgotten to tell you. You need to confront her about this because that kind of behaviour is not acceptable. BUT she should realise this so presumably she doesn't really care about your reaction or feelings.

How old r u guys?She have a bf so she most know that she cant be hanging alone at other dudes house like a slut. So u can telll her that u dont like her hanging all the time at other mens place.that's a red flagg. If she finds it normal breakk up with her and tell her now u r free to do your thing dont ever even think to contact me.

There's red flags everywhere. Your gf is hanging out with another dude at his house, what possibly can they have that much in common unless he was gay or her new love interest. She is texting him and HIDING her phone from u. Enough said. U r being strung around for the ride. Grow some balls and tell her that u have a hunch something is going on and don't trust what is going on, u should have access to her phone and she can't hang out with him at his house. Oif they wanna hang out then it would be with all 3 of you!

Being not controlling is one thing - I personally work hard on that myself. I also love my wife to pieces, and if she started acting that way, I'd be suspicious.

I think it's time for you to set a boundary - tell her you're not comfortable with the situation, and that you want it to stop. If she won't, then it's up to you to decide whether or not you can stand that boundary to be violated. If not, walk away.

Cant believe nobody has asked the op why he even lets his woman have a cell phone. This is how problems start. No need to ditch this bitch, just take her phone off her, and tell her shes not going out anymore. Why should he give up this wee cow just because she took a fancy to someone else. He should also find out where this don juan lives, and kick his balls. A wee crack on his birds jaw wouldnt go amiss either.

^ because that is primitive thinking which will just cause the gf to resent him and if she is going to cheat on him, she'll do it cell phone or not