+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Age diff

Age diff

Hi, I am 52 years old and devorced and dating a woman 32 years old for the last 12 years....
    My son is 20 and i am 100 % shure i would not enjoy another kid. And age will catch up
    She wants to get married and have a kid... I want to get married and obviously not have one
    Options:
    1.If we do get married and she never has a kid would be soooooo wrong!!!! That i cant do...
    2.If we do get married and have a kid i would probably not outlive the kid growing up and would also die before her/them (changes are good)
    3.We go our own ways and she finds someone else and get married and have kids.... Gutwrenching but i will live with it....
    Any advice???
    Thank you

I agree with you that age will eventually catch up...

Do you love her enough to want to give her a child?

Can you take the toll of having to take care and be resposible for another child in the next 22 years?

You will have to tell her you don't want a kid and then discuss options. Gut wrenching as it is, it is a reality that should have been discussed 12 years ago. Dating for 12 years??? Sounds to me you have been putting of the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkshire View Post
    You will have to tell her you don't want a kid and then discuss options. Gut wrenching as it is, it is a reality that should have been discussed 12 years ago. Dating for 12 years??? Sounds to me you have been putting of the inevitable.
    The girls was only 20 years old 12 years ago... she probably didn't know what she wanted at that age and wasn't thinking of having children at that time or any point.

But the guy should have thought about it (being that he is 20 years older than the girl and I would imagine more mature also) that this is something that he didn't want, therefore, he could have gone out with someone who is closer to his age.

Shame on you for coasting along in your older man/younger woman union knowing that she would want children and you did not.

You'd only be 72 when your child was 20 and finished getting his first degree in University. Don't use that stupid excuse No. 2 to make your decision.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

When you started dating, you was already two times older than her, she was just a kid. Okay you had some fun. You are too old, let go. Its selfish from you to keep her around she still have life ahead and she wants kids. You in the stage when you dont want kids but want to live for yourself. Her bio clock is ticking away and she cant waste time with someone like you if she want to create family.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 08-05-14 at 11:17 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Ew, a 40 year old dating a 20 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Ew, a 40 year old dating a 20 year old.
    She's the idiot. WTF was she thinking???