+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age diff.?

Age diff.?

So I met this really sweet girl...but I am 25 and she is 19? what do you think? to young?

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 26. Not for me it isn't.

Too young? Sort of. Just because there are so many changes between the ages of 19-25. There really is a difference in maturity. And you'll say, "No, she's really mature for her age." But that's what everyone who dates a younger girl says.

I mean, as a 25 year old, can you remember what you were like at 19? Kind of an asshole, right? She's 19.

No it's not too young, as long as its the guy who's older then its fine, if the guy is younger then its a no-no, trust me i'm an expert on age gap matters.

Like MerryH said, this age-difference problem is related to maturity. It's a 6 year gap between you, which is not that much. But think about it - if a 30 yr old woman would have a 36 yr old bf, this would seem absolutely normal; but if a 14 yr old girl would have a 20 yr old bf, things would seem "slightly" wrong.
    If you think this isn't a problem, and that she can handle it, then go for it. If you think she's too immature, let it go.
    Personally, I'm not much older than this girl you like, and between me & my partner there's an age gap a bit bigger than 10 years - but for most of the time we don't notice it

Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    No it's not too young, as long as its the guy who's older then its fine, if the guy is younger then its a no-no, trust me i'm an expert on age gap matters.
    Really? Has nothing to do with the individual people? It's not that easy to sum up age gaps, it's the people involved. To jko123, relationships like that exist, you just need to know what you're getting into and also, does she think it's too big of an age gap? Some girls do, some don't. I'm finding that, while things seemed easy in the beginning, me (18) and my bf (26) are noticing the gaps in experience more and more often. Don't know where this will go, but everything takes work. Just depends on how committed you'll be in the long-run.

^I agree. What difference does it make whether the guy is older, or it's the woman who is older? It's an individual thing and people are different.

In answer to OP, I don't think 6 years is that big of a deal. Both of you will be in your 20's together and 30's together, etc, etc. I'd class an age gap as being 10, 15, 20 years or more difference.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have the same age difference with my bf. I'm 21 and he's 27 and I'm soooo glad. I couldn't date a guy my age right now, they are just too immature . And like this , my bf has already behind him the years of having fun,parties etc. Me too as I've started with 15 to have parties and so on, I want someone settled right now .
    If you and your gf are on the same page in your lives or at least near and if you both see the future together, 6 years is not a big deal. Don't forget that girls grow up faster Don't compare a 20yo girl to a 20yo boy, for real
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I have the same age difference with my bf. I'm 21 and he's 27 and I'm soooo glad. I couldn't date a guy my age right now, they are just too immature . And like this , my bf has already behind him the years of having fun,parties etc. Me too as I've started with 15 to have parties and so on, I want someone settled right now .
    If you and your gf are on the same page in your lives or at least near and if you both see the future together, 6 years is not a big deal. Don't forget that girls grow up faster Don't compare a 20yo girl to a 20yo boy, for real
    sexist and out of date theory

Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    sexist and out of date theory
    How do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    How do you mean?
    Just because she's a female, a 20 year old girl is not guarenteed to be more "mature" than a 20 year old guy, in fact i know 40 year old women less mature than some 20 year old guys and some 20 year old girls more mature than some 40 year old guys.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You must be kidding me Somehow there are countries where girls can get married with 18yo and guys with 21yo . I'm wondering why some countries would do that if this would be just some sexist theory... And it's not sexist. For ****s sake, guys my age are ****ing kids , I would never ever date a guy my age.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    You must be kidding me Somehow there are countries where girls can get married with 18yo and guys with 21yo . I'm wondering why some countries would do that if this would be just some sexist theory... And it's not sexist. For ****s sake, guys my age are ****ing kids , I would never ever date a guy my age.
    I don't know why i need to keep arguing something that is obviously not true, those countries you speak of, well I know of countries where women are not allowed to show their face outside the home, and are not allowed to learn and to work, why? because women are "Inferior" to men, how can countries do that if that wasn't true?

Paris Hilton is 29 years old, yet she's obviously more mature than a 26 year old policeman who has a wife and two children and a mortgage to pay, obviously, because women are more mature than men, remember....

An age difference like that counts for nothing. It's the individuals and their relationship that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    An age difference like that counts for nothing. It's the individuals and their relationship that matters.
    Right, well most of it is functionality and compatibility, but age does have impact as far as experience goes. However, if the couple are compatible enough they can work through that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast