+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is this feeling?

What is this feeling?

I've dated a few men in my life in a serious matter and had gotten very emotionally involved...recently i've been off and on seeing this guy. The reason it's been off and on is because of his lack of time for me with it being his last semester in school and being bogged down with all of his work. We still keep in touch even though we're "off" right now and we admit to missing each other but try to keep our boundaries while still keeping in touch for possibly being together later on when he's not so busy. I won't go into the whole story because a lot of people will have cynical outlooks on this but if you knew us you would know we are exclusive to each other even without being together.

Anyways, lately every time I see him, and often time when I think about him i've been getting extremely "flushed" in the face...to the point where it actually hurts my face. I'm asian so i don't know if that's why i can physically feel it more? But i've never had this reaction before, this is also the first time that even being emotionally involved that i've had a gut instinct about the two of us being right for each other. I've never felt this feeling and i'm nto sure why by body is reacting this way physiologically...it's not a "excited" kind of flushing because it's not when i'm thinking about him that way, just when i think about how i miss him etc.

but it's kind of annoying because it kind of hurts my face...does anyone know what this is?

...See a doctor. It doesn't sound even close to a "love hurts" kind of thing.

Either that or I applaud and envy your ability to show affection; hell, I suppose it is in all those anime where blood like suddenly shoots out of your nose the moment think about someone's genitals, so maybe it is an Asian thing (though not an affliction I've ever experienced; Filipino).
    Last edited by SirDanley; 20-02-09 at 04:07 AM.