+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Talking to girls

Talking to girls

What are some good ways to start a conversation with a girl you don't know? What have some guys said to you (that didn't end in a slap in the face) to start up a conversation?

I always have trouble bringing myself to start a conversation with girls who I don't know, at a bar, club, coffee shop, or whatever. And I also have trouble making that move from friendly conversation to getting a number or asking them out on a date. I guess it's just self confidence problems, and randomly coming up to a girl I don't know or randomly asking for a number just seems awkward. I think I'm fairly attractive aside from being short (only 5' 6"), and I have a good sense of humor, but I can't really seem to bring myself to just walk up and talk to them or know what to say to them, especially if they're with their friends.

I also tend to second guess myself as far as if girls are interested or not. It's easier once you are actually talking with them, but it's hard to pick up on it before then. I mean some girls DO just play with their hair for no reason or maybe she smiled at someone else or maybe we made eye contact on accident or because I looked at her. Any advice? Thanks for you time, any help is most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy12 View Post
    What are some good ways to start a conversation with a girl you don't know? What have some guys said to you (that didn't end in a slap in the face) to start up a conversation?

I always have trouble bringing myself to start a conversation with girls who I don't know, at a bar, club, coffee shop, or whatever. And I also have trouble making that move from friendly conversation to getting a number or asking them out on a date. I guess it's just self confidence problems, and randomly coming up to a girl I don't know or randomly asking for a number just seems awkward. I think I'm fairly attractive aside from being short (only 5' 6"), and I have a good sense of humor, but I can't really seem to bring myself to just walk up and talk to them or know what to say to them, especially if they're with their friends.

I also tend to second guess myself as far as if girls are interested or not. It's easier once you are actually talking with them, but it's hard to pick up on it before then. I mean some girls DO just play with their hair for no reason or maybe she smiled at someone else or maybe we made eye contact on accident or because I looked at her. Any advice? Thanks for you time, any help is most welcome.
    First of all--lay off the "only 5'6" crap. Height doesn't make a difference at this point--only is her whole life is about planning for her wedding pictures, her jealous friends at the reunion, and her secret Daddy complex.

You say, "Hi" or "Hey, what's up?" You smile and exude confidence like its no big deal and you've got the ever-so-small "I'm trouble" twinkle in your eye. And, don't look all "I really love you!" look in your eye. That's a non-starter. Be cool. Be calm. Be you. No matter what happens, your toes are still tappin' as they used to say.

As a confidence builder, you try this with girls that are taller than you. Believe me--they are easier to rope in, dude. Know why? The tall guys are often turned off by tall women because they (the guys) lack confidence and use shorter women to make themselves feel good. And, short women are obsessed with the possibility that the tall guy will have this huge organ that will fill their orifices up (note: often, they are disappointed in their endeavor, but hey...for them, its good that he's tall because their girlfriends will all "assume" that he's packing below). Yes, it is a sick and primitive deal, but that's life so deal with it.

Really, I thought tall girls pretty much exclusively dated tall guys. I've had a couple of times after I had had a few drinks or something and was able to talk to a girl or two, but almost all of my relationships either kind of fell into my lap and the girl pretty much came on to me or once or twice it was a girl who I knew well and somehow we ended up hooking up or going out. I went to a college with very few girls, which made 90% of those girls end up being stuck up, manipulative, and/or clinically insane, so I guess that's why I'm not as confident and not used to talking to normal girls. That's actually no BS, you could go to bars and clubs and pick out the girls who went to my college just by the way they acted and talked.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy12 View Post
    Really, I thought tall girls pretty much exclusively dated tall guys. I've had a couple of times after I had had a few drinks or something and was able to talk to a girl or two, but almost all of my relationships either kind of fell into my lap and the girl pretty much came on to me or once or twice it was a girl who I knew well and somehow we ended up hooking up or going out. I went to a college with very few girls, which made 90% of those girls end up being stuck up, manipulative, and/or clinically insane, so I guess that's why I'm not as confident and not used to talking to normal girls. That's actually no BS, you could go to bars and clubs and pick out the girls who went to my college just by the way they acted and talked.
    College is college. In graduate school, the women usually asked me out--sort of your scenario above. But, college isn't exactly like real life. In real life, there aren't thousands of horny single 25 year-old women living, eating, studying, and working out at the same gym as yourself in a "town" (i.e., campus) built exclusively for young men and women.

Tall girls generally: a) date tall men (not often); b) don't date often because they are shy and a bit insecure (often); or c) date men shorter than they are because, as it turns out, shorter men have dicks just like taller men, and shorter men tend to be of the mindset that having a tall girl moaning for their body is, well, a huge turn-on (this relationship happens more often than you would imagine).

Anyway, just talk to all of them. One will say something back. All you gotta do at that point is start asking non-intrusive questions and she'll take care of the rest until its bra removal time

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    college is college. In graduate school, the women usually asked me out--sort of your scenario above. But, college isn't exactly like real life. In real life, there aren't thousands of horny single 25 year-old women living, eating, studying, and working out at the same gym as yourself in a "town" (i.e., campus) built exclusively for young men and women.

Tall girls generally: A) date tall men (not often); b) don't date often because they are shy and a bit insecure (often); or c) date men shorter than they are because, as it turns out, shorter men have dicks just like taller men, and shorter men tend to be of the mindset that having a tall girl moaning for their body is, well, a huge turn-on (this relationship happens more often than you would imagine).

Anyway, just talk to all of them. One will say something back. All you gotta do at that point is start asking non-intrusive questions and she'll take care of the rest until its bra removal time
    bravo!!!:d
    Spanked by Frasbee.
    Spanked again by Gigabitch. What, Kara? You don't learn?

Haha my college was far from that. It wasn't a normal college. It was a small engineering school with about 5000 students and an 8 to 1 guy to girl ratio. Within about two weeks, all of the girls in school figure out how stuff works and most of them end up being stuck up and/or manipulative.