+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hmm...having trouble talking to girls...

hmm...having trouble talking to girls...

what..the hell do u talk about w/ girls?!
    w/ guys, u talk about sports, games etc.
    but w/ girls, i just don't know what to talk about
    help plz..

you can talk with a girl about sports or games, if she likes. Girls aren't a weird being (ok! they're but they're good beings )
    If you want to be her friend, talk with her find, what she likes, ask her opinion about something that you heard, if you're desperate talk about the weather

You start off with, "Hi, what's your name".
    Then you start anything after that. Let's say your at the gym, she gives you a name. Then you can say, "Do you come here often"?
    Then that can create lots of topics, you both can discuss about if you hate coming, but it's mandatory for your health and attention. Think and be creative.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

talk to as many girls as possible, its the only way to get more experience and to get more comfortable, if you mess up or get embarassed just make a joke out of it. its easier at first to talk about whats going on around you or what the girl is doing...

Also...if there's something about a physical appearance you don't like (not you in particular unless it applies, but to others), be sure to take it lightly...its not as bad as it seems. I used to be very self-aware, but now I make jokes about my frailties, and now if someone else does it for me, it's easier to shrug it off. It also makes others see it as something menial too...
    It is impossible to love and be wise
    -Francis Bacon

Sometimes it's not about talking - rather listening and then asking questions.
    It show you are interested, and also shows that you're actually listening to what the other person is saying.

Typical things you could ask are: .. so how did you get into that, what interested you, ..wow I didn't know you could jump out of a plane and play the violin at the same time... etc etc.

You may find that it opens up the conversation.

You can always relate your experiences to what the other person has said, that way you can form a comon bond.

Hopelesromantic-----Totally agree with you about the 'listening' bit. Guys often don't listen. They cut you mid-sentence and provide a solution. Strange.

What do you talk about with your girlfriend when you have nothing to say....especially on the phone. I don't know why but this is my first relationship where this happened.
    <3 kim 3.17

"i'd take the best of your bad moods and dress them up to make a better you"

yer i rely wna kno wt 2 talk abt on the fone wid my gf.. we talk for bout 1 hr.. but to me it seems lyk she dus most of the talking.. andd she gets the conversation goin.. i just cant do it i need help

I wish my girlfriend would make it easier and start even more of the conversation....I'm piss-poor at speaking sometimes..
    <3 kim 3.17

"i'd take the best of your bad moods and dress them up to make a better you"

Yeah, I could use some help with this, too. I never have any idea what to say to a girl or what to talk about. If I at least had some conversation starters, half the "work" would already be done because I'd at least have something to go on. Thanks in advance.

for God's sake guys get a grip! you can talk about anything...once i had nothing to say to my boyfriend on the phone so i told him i had an itchy foot and it opened up so much conversation its not funny...i mean come on! i find that when i talk to my best friend (who is a guy) i can easily talk for hours about nothing at all...its the same with boyfriends, just babble about nothing...i usually laugh a lot if i've got nothing to say...but really? just let her start the conversation, she'll pretend she's kicked her toe and that will give you something to laugh about...be creative, we wont bite! and if you've got nothing to say tell her...then you can talk about having nothing to say...simple
    ...Here's A Letter On A Tape, We Don't Write Anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    for God's sake guys get a grip! you can talk about anything...once i had nothing to say to my boyfriend on the phone so i told him i had an itchy foot and it opened up so much conversation its not funny...i mean come on! i find that when i talk to my best friend (who is a guy) i can easily talk for hours about nothing at all...its the same with boyfriends, just babble about nothing...i usually laugh a lot if i've got nothing to say...but really? just let her start the conversation, she'll pretend she's kicked her toe and that will give you something to laugh about...be creative, we wont bite! and if you've got nothing to say tell her...then you can talk about having nothing to say...simple

I think it would be easy to talk to girls if we knew them, and it seems that that is your case Kel...but for us guys when we talk to girls that we bearly "know" it's hard because we don't know them. We aren't comfortable around them yet and don't want to mess up around them or send a wrong impression.

I think it would be easy to talk to girls if we knew them, and it seems that that is your case Kel...but for us guys when we talk to girls that we bearly "know" it's hard because we don't know them. We aren't comfortable around them yet and don't want to mess up around them or send a wrong impression.
    Exactly. If we knew them, we would know what to say because we would know what they like to talk about. But if we don't know them, it's hard because we don't know what they're interested in. And if you babble on about nothing, you tend to bore them.

Luckily, the girl I'm "talking" to is a sports fanatic. I am also a sports fanatic. Problem solved.

But, I don't want to just talk about my vast knowledge of sports with a girl. What are other good conversation-starters? Another problem I have may sound dumb, but it is a problem. What do I say to her when I see her? Do I just say hey and just stand there like an idiot?

I'll give you an example of how bad I am at starting a conversation. The first night I ever talked to her was at a softball game, the only place I've been able to talk to her so far. I had seen her around, but I never had the guts to say anything to her because I was intimidated by her stunning beauty.

Anyways, she's playing catch with a little kid with just a regular softball. I say "Hey" and she says "Hey." Then I asked her what her name was, she told me and I told her my name. I asked her if she knew who I was and she said "Yeah, I see you all the time with your dad and your sister at practices and stuff." Then, I had nothing else to say so I said "What kind of ball is that?" I almost started hitting myself and screaming because it was the stupidest question I've ever asked anybody. She actually told me, though, so that helped.

Now we're pretty good friends and the tension is starting to die down a little bit. But answers to my previous questions are appreciated.