+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cheated on my love.. how do i repair it

Cheated on my love.. how do i repair it

Hey..

My girlfriend of i of 2 months started dating after i got out of drug rehab.
    I was inlove with this girl for 10 months before she finally wanted to date me. After i almost overdosed she came around and said she saw a change she never expected.

We've been through so much and i made a god-awful mistake of cheating on her. After she came to terms with some lies she told me before i angrily cheated on her. This was 2 weeks ago and i told her yesterday.

She keeps referring that her heart is scared and i need to find a bandaid for it.

Im 19 shes 19 and ive never been inlove with a girl so much. I cared about our relationship too much to keep my scandal a secret.

She has forgiven me but tells me it will take time to heal.

I know chances are our relationship will never be the same but i think theres a slim chance we can make it better.

I love this girl and im 2 states away for another 6 weeks because of college summer. Ive started sending her giant boxes of gifts and candy to try to show her how much i love her. I write her letters nearly weekly.

What else can i do to salvage this and restore our relationship?

Will it just take time?

I think you should forget about having a relationship and instead, work on bettering yourself and your mind-frame. You don't screw other women to get back at the person you love just because she made you angry. Do you go to Narcotics Anonymous? If you don't, there would be a good place to start making you the best you that you can be so that you'll be ready to be in a mature relationship some day. Anger management courses might also help you change the way you think.

I hope she's smarter than to think that because you send her candy and gifts that you're a changed boy. Takes more than that.

2 months and you cheated on a "girl you love"? I'm surprised she still talks to you. You won't find much advice on this forum, we usually side with the person who was cheated on, not the cheater.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Hello

Speaking from experience (I was cheated on), you can get over a betrayal, but it does take a long time and to be honest, things will never be quite the same again. You can make it work - IF you learn from it, and if your girlfriend knows in her heart that you've learned from it and won't do it again. How you can convince her of that is the question. All you can really do is keep reassuring her and don't give her any reason not to trust you. But you can't control her emotions and so at the end of the day she might not forgive you.

What were these lies she told you?

I think you handled yourself well, since we see a lot of sorry saps around here who know their girlfriends are lying but are too pussy to do anything about it. Now she knows you're capable of going somewhere else, she's more likely to behave, which means you can behave. You should stop going out of your way, and stop sending all the candy too. Just show her by being there for her, but don't put up with any shit from her. If she tries to hang the cheating over your head, tell her you don't think it's going to work and start to end the relationship on her..she'll back off. You are really in the power position here.

Man, you are one misogynistic SOB, Backup.

I don't see why I'm misogynistic. I'd say the same if the genders were reversed. I always suggest that people go see others when their SO is acting up, especially early on. The fact you think I'm misogynistic about it probably speaks to the fact that it's typically women acting like this. I don't necessarily think that's true, and haven't really paid much attention to the numbers either way, but if you think I'm doing it more to the aid of men, I think that's what that suggests. I'm equally a dick to everyone.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 12-06-12 at 04:31 AM.