+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any chance of getting back with my ex

Any chance of getting back with my ex

Hey, me and my girlfriend broke up 2 months ago she has a child 3yo which I have been a dad to for 1 1/2 years, his biological father has nothing to do with him. In the relationship we dated for 6 months and then she moved to the city to start studying. hated living with her parents and could only afford living in a shitty apartment. I had just bought a house so asked if they would like to live with me. She accepted and all was good. I work away so am gone 2 weeks of every month so it wasn't like living together full on. Anyway after 6 months of living together she called me one day and said she wanted to talk, I came home and she broke up with me and moved back with her parents,we had been fighting quite regularly in the last couple months. Not big fights just little shitty ones. She came back a day after being broken up and said perhaps she had been too hasty and would rather just have some time apart because she wants to focus on uni and Cash(the 3yo). She still want me to be a part of Cash's life, we have become quite close during the time together. I still speak to her because I take Cash out when I am home and says she loves me and misses me, she really wants me to be in Cash's life and says I am the best Dad for Cash. Which is great but I want to be a part of her life too and she says she its too easy to get back with me now and she wants to be sure.... Any girls want to answer this?? I feel its if I am too available to her so it's easy to get back together or is it that it's to easy too get back together because she misses me and want to get back together because she wants to not because she needs to?

This is the issue with single moms. Most (not all) know they need someone their for the child, someone to take over some of the resposability and help with the finances. With that being said, it's way too easy for the relationship to be taken for granted.

Some relationship just run out of steam and expire due to feelings desolving, but what lingers is the benefit of having someone to be a part of the child's life. Sorry but she may have some emotional attachment to how things were, but she just ins't that into a relationship with you. She is stating the obvious, that with all you provide, that would be the reason she would go back, not because she desires you or is in love with you. Right now she is fighting with her feelings. She knows she would have a good thing with you, but for whatever reason her heart isn't into it anymore. Give her space to think things over, but don't let her take too long.

You don't want to find out down the road that she has met someone and asks you to watch the kid while she goes out on a date. I don't know about you but, 2 months to decide is long enough.

Thanks for your reply.
    She definitely isn't having me around because of finances. She is very independent and I think she felt she lost that when she lived with me because I was paying the mortgage and the bills and she just paid a small amount rent.
    I agree that she may have an attachment to how things were and doesn't desire me. With that said I know that is part of the whole having a break thing. I started not having a life outside of my relationship and sacrificed things to be with her.. I know that's not a very attractive quality I guess I was feeling insecure and somewhat needy.. I have really been focusing on these feelings it's been difficult not going around to see her or calling her but I feel better.
    I see her only when I spend time with cash and sometimes she asks me to stay for dinner, this is after I told her I wasn't going to do that because I don't want to be her friend. She says that's fine but we should hang out because you don't want to forget the things that attracted you both together in the first place. I totally want to stick to my guns and not go around becoming less available to her but do you think she wants to hang out with me because she does have feelings and kind of wants to test the waters, see if hanging out is ok before actually trying to reconcile differences or start again?
    I still feel that she is unsure about a relationship with me, I can understand she is now in study mode as exams are next week and I will go back to work for 2 weeks and when I get home she would be on mid semester break and I have to decided to hit her up about everything and if she is still unsure then just let the whole thing go....

If you hit her up again she will just give you the same answer.

Thanks for your post

Do you think she will ever give an answer or is just going to drag this out until I have had enough then she won't feel bad because it is me ending it?
    So what do you recommend? Do I just walk away now?
    Or do I accept her offer of dinner and go over spend time be friendly and see what happens?

there is no easy solution to getting your ex back, trust me I know. it's not one of those things when you can just go to http://www.howtogetyourexback.com and suddenly you're together again. I would say give each other some space and maybe meet in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by shadclads View Post
    there is no easy solution to getting your ex back, trust me I know. it's not one of those things when you can just go to http://www.howtogetyourexback.com and suddenly you're together again. I would say give each other some space and maybe meet in a few weeks

Stop spamming! and btw way if you ever spent the time reading a post you would know he already gave her 2 months of space.....you ass.