+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where do we stand?

Where do we stand?

eHey everyone!

I would like to ask your different opinions on a light situation that happened to me recently. There is that boy whom I met at Orientation this Fall. We met, then we got to know each other a bit, though we didn't meet that often because we're not studying in the same department (he's doing politics and history, and I'm doing communications and literature). However, whenever we met around school, we always discussed, as well as on FB sometimes and everything was going on fine. Until recently at a party during which he asked if he could kiss me since we both were single (I never told him anything about my personal status; it never came into our conversations). Both because I thought he was drunk and therefore that it could be a joke, I refused his proposal. Then, the following week I confronted him, o.k, on Facebook, wondering about what happened the other night, and he told me the following

Hope I didn't offend you! I wasn't really drunk, but only a little, and was just being a bit cheeky really
    sober me would like to hang out sometime
    One of my friends said that at least he had the guts to say that he was just a little drunk when he said, and not completely denied his words. Plus, another friend says that he wouldn't have a reason to say no to going out with me when I asked him after, why would have he said no after confessing he wasn't drunk?
    Then, he also says that he'd consider doing a Master in Paris (where we are) after graduation rather than go back to England (where he's from). He's a visting student from London and he's been staying for a year and will be back to London in Fall to complete his final year of college.

All my friends, among whom some know both me and him, say that all this looks positive. Do you guys think I should go for it? Or at least do you think he might have feelings for me? Or was it just cheek? And he's just trying to be polite? He's really sweet and is an good guy, so I would definitely appreciate your feedbacks!

Thanks!!

He likes you (at least a little) but he is super shy (or not ready for a relationship or dating). I personally will not date him because he can't man up.

Should be ok as long as you both keep drinking.

Hey! Thanks for your answers, though things have totally changed meanwhile!! Our school basically threw a party this Saturday, to which I came with a couple of friends. He came there too a little bit later with his English mate. I went to greet them, then returned dancing with my friends while keeping a discreet eye on him. As soon as he was alone on the danceflorr without any other girls or his friend, I came dancing with him and, within a split second, he was drawing closer to me, to eventually kiss me. This time he didn't ASK to do it. I guess he took his courage and just did it. While kissing me, I noticed he was smiling widely without taking his eyes off mine, stroking my cheeks and playing with and pushing my hair off of my face to see my face kiss me better. I also noticed he couldn't take his eyes off me while we were dancing with each other and kept smiling and had. It was really magical, but then we sat a bit and had a serious conversation during which he said several things that left me a bit confused.
    First, he said that he likes me very much, that I'm special to him, that I mean something to him and that I was a great girl. He also said that he isn't a bad guy and that he had been honest all the time with me since January (since the 1st back-to-school party) and that he didn't want me to think of him as a bad guy. He also said that he had been in a three-hear relationship prior coming studying abroad in my university, and that he wasn't ready for another relationship although he knew I wanted one. Plus he leaves in 2 months back to England and back to his university of origin in London aftera year spent studying abroad. Then, when he said that he thought about 'having fun' in spite of the short time left, I said 'then let's have fun and see where it leads us to', he nodded. By the way, I also share some concerns about a girl whom I think is kinda interested in him, but he clearly said 'if she is interested, I am not', plus he said 'no comment' when about to talk about her (she is one of his friends).
    I think he genuinely likes me with all those hints and cues, but at the same I wouldn't like to be emotionally abused, neither to have him interested in me because he would expect sex. I am still a virgin and I don't want to give it up easily. He is a four years younger than me, by the way.
    Do you really think he is being honest? Or does he just only expect what he calls 'fun' with me? I don't expect this to go to far because he is leaving, because he seems to be undecided as for now, and because I don't know myself clearly what I want from him. But I am willing to try because he seems to be honest.
    What do you think??