+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused yet again need some input

Confused yet again need some input

So I have been seeing this guy for 3 months and everything had been going ok. We talk all day emails, texts, while we work. And when he goes home from work he always texts or emails me to let me know he is thinking of me. We see each other about 2-3 times a week and have been intimate quite a bit. So I got the balls up to ask if he would like to be boyfriend and girlfriend. He said he is not ready for a relationship and has not been single for 10 years and wants to enjoy it. So here I am at a cross roads. He does little things that show me he cares, calls me cute, his baby, little xoxo. His friends even remark that we are in a relationship the only one who dosent is him. Now he has been single for 4 months got out of a two year relationship. I think his problem is he is afraid to commit after getting his heart broken even if he has told me he is over her. So my question is this do I stay or go. He told me I am a good friend and that he cares for me as a friend and this has stung me because I as a woman have built up feelings for this man. So readers any insite to his problems and what would you do in this situation.

OH boy... sounds like me and my g/f a little over a year ago. I was just like he is. We started talking and doing everything as if we were in a relationship. But I wouldn't admit it or "publish" it for nearly 5 months. I had the same excuse.. and honestly its legit. Be careful to keep an eye on yourself though. Keep focused on yourself. My g/f became a little obsessed with "getting me to care" for her. When I finally did we had a bit of an "oh s***" moment, I was getting a little smothered and she was still worried I might just fly off one day. We broke up for a month and a half. But now we are back together. She doesn't worry any more about if I care for her, she knows I do. I know she cares for me because she has always tried so hard, now she is much more relaxed. Better than ever. My advice to you is just be cool, don't worry about him committing to you, just have fun when your together. It could work out great. And as long as your just cool, take care of your own business, and enjoy the time you do have together. There is no reason for you guys to have a "oh s***" moment.