+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Boyfriends' friend seems to be hitting on me

My Boyfriends' friend seems to be hitting on me

Here's the situation - My boyfriend has 2 roommates and one of them is always sort of flirting with me. He always tells me how pretty I look and is always coming into my boyfriends room when he is at work to see what I am doing or if I want to hang out. My boyfriend is a waiter and a few nights ago his friend offered to take me out to dinner to the restaurant my boyfriend works at and I thought nothing of it so I went him and my boyfriend waited on me and he drove us back to the apartment afterwards and asked me to watch a movie until my boyfriend came home. I didn't have anything else to do so I sat in a chair while he sat on the couch and we watched a Katt Williams comedy. At some point I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke up he had put a blanket on me and swept my hair off my face. This wouldn't be quite as wierd if he didn't have a girlfriend who I actually set him up with. Another wierd thing is that I always catch him staring at me, we went out on a double date and he sat next to me and his girlfriend sat on the other side of him and at one point I could feel him staring at me but I just kept looking forward at his girlfriend across the table who was staring at him until she finally said what are you looking at? That was an awkward moment. Despite all these small things he has never touched me or tried to kiss me or said anything that would make me think he was interested in me. What do you think and what should I do or am I just over analyzing?

I don't think you're over analyzing at all. First thing I'd do is talk to your boyfriend about it, see what he has to say about the whole situation. I think it's a bit awkward he asked to take you out to dinner at the restaurant your boyfriend works at. What'd your boyfriend have to say about that? You may want to talk to him and let him know what's been going on.

Are you guys all living together? I assume because you were in your bfs room when he was at work.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah, he's jonesin' for you on some level, but we don't know if it's because he wants you and can't have you, or if he's trying to be friends with you in hopes of more... your bf must be aware, guys aren't dumb when it comes to other guys trying to mack on their girls. Talk to your bf about it if you want, but it may cause drama.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should just avoid being overthere when your BF isn't home. Unless you LIKE this attention, of course.

True, attention is flattering, even if it's not from the person you're dating.

Seriously

ok do not listen to the previous advice please or you'll just make things worse.

1. Don't talk to your bf about it. You'll just screw things between all parties. If your bf's friend is hitting on you then he'll just deny it and it creates a terrible position for your bf to be worries about and for everyone to be awkward.

2. HE WILL GET THE POINT!!! If you think he is flirting with you then WOW COOL! Flatter yourself and continue to be smart and don't act on it and he'll get the point if he really is interested in you that your sprung on your bf. TRUST ME

3. By just being smart and staying away from situations that would make you worry or would put people in terrible situations will just show that your "relationship with him (bf's Friend) will stay on the level it is on and will not and honestly should not get deeper.

I know this may all seem forward but it is literally cut and dry and I would explain futher into its details but I don't really want to type more because simply just do this and you'll be fine.

PeterJohn