+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I doing it wrong.. HELP!

Am I doing it wrong.. HELP!

Me and my ex broke up 2.3 months ago and we were together for 3 years. I am at a point where I feel like I want him back, and since we have broken up we have never stopped talking. I'm at a fork in the road, because right now I am sleeping with him, and I have agreed to be his friend. What I am wondering is if this will help me to get him back, or if I it is to late to cut him off all together and make him miss me. According to my online research no contact forces your ex to miss you, and realize they want you back! What I am wondering is if y'all think it is to late to start no contact, and do you think I should remain friends and continue having sex with him?? Help a girl out... just want him back!

Also their is a lady in his life, she is married, and he tells me he can never be with her, but he says she is wonderful, and he would love to find someone like her in the future.

If I text him he always responds, if I need him for anything he always there, if I tell him I miss him, he tells me he misses me too. When I'm around him he comes up behind me and gives me the biggest hugs ever, for no reason.

When I ask him about getting back together, he tells me he does not know, that he is confused and doesn't know what he wants. He says he looks at woman all the time and finds no one attractive, I asked if he finds me attractive and he said yes. Help, I'm so sick of the mind games!

What should I do, I just want him back in my life full time not part time Any advice is appericated.

Hm... sounds weird.

After reading the first paragraph, I was about to say what the hell are you doing? In fact there is no commitment, but he still has all the benefits (namely: sex).

But then you said that there's basically still a connection between the two of you, and it seems to be more than just sex...

Nonetheless, ask yourself: Is is possible he's just doing all those nice things just to not give up on sex with you?

I'm asking that because I'm a male, and it happened to me quite often that I still wanted sex with my ex although my feelings would never become the same again.

My advice is this: Do yourself a favor and break up contact. Seriously. This is the only way you're going to find out if he's willing to get back with you.

Dragging this along further won't make you happy. Splitting up will probably leave you in a hole for a couple of months, but staying in the situation as is might make you suffer for a much longer period.

Then again... why is what you have right now (sex, tenderness, support and all that) not good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestory View Post
    Me and my ex broke up 2.3 months ago and we were together for 3 years. I am at a point where I feel like I want him back, and since we have broken up we have never stopped talking. I'm at a fork in the road, because right now I am sleeping with him, and I have agreed to be his friend. What I am wondering is if this will help me to get him back, or if I it is to late to cut him off all together and make him miss me. According to my online research no contact forces your ex to miss you, and realize they want you back! What I am wondering is if y'all think it is to late to start no contact, and do you think I should remain friends and continue having sex with him?? Help a girl out... just want him back!

Also their is a lady in his life, she is married, and he tells me he can never be with her, but he says she is wonderful, and he would love to find someone like her in the future.

If I text him he always responds, if I need him for anything he always there, if I tell him I miss him, he tells me he misses me too. When I'm around him he comes up behind me and gives me the biggest hugs ever, for no reason.

When I ask him about getting back together, he tells me he does not know, that he is confused and doesn't know what he wants. He says he looks at woman all the time and finds no one attractive, I asked if he finds me attractive and he said yes. Help, I'm so sick of the mind games!

What should I do, I just want him back in my life full time not part time Any advice is appericated.
    Love Is A Mother****er

My question is why did you break up? You still in a relationship with him (you call it a friendship) and the dude get the nookie too... He even has someone on the side. I gotta tell you a lot of guys would love to be in this dudes place.