+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it wrong...

Is it wrong...

Is it wrong to feel like my significant other isn't showing/giving me what I need? I've been dating my girlfriend for a year and a half, and lately I feel like I've given so much to her, and haven't gotten much in return. But it's just the little things.

For example, I'll let her watch whatever she wants on tv, but when I want to watch something, not only will she not show any kind of interest in it, but she'll do almost anything to change it to something she likes. Similarly with the radio. If I'm changing the station and hear a song she likes, I'll keep it there, but if she skips over one I like, she'll keep going. And it seems I can pick out how her, her mother, and grandmother are related. They're all so very into what's on their mind, and what matters to them, and they'll do anything to focus the attention off anything else and onto them. I love her and her grandmother, but everything seems to always have to be focused around them.

Is it wrong to think that sometimes I want her to make me feel special but she doesn't?

So you're saying she's too self absorbed? Sounds like a pretty ingrained habit, especially if you've noticed it in other family members. Unfortunately this trait is probably not going to get any better. People who go on and on constantly about themselves often don't even realize their doing it.

Have you tried clueing to in to her self-absorption?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

ye like starbuck said....what are you telling us for j/k

tell her....be direct....no point thinking this....if she cares about you then she'll realise and be understanding..

for instance i've had friends who are completely self absorbed but what i like about them is that they are able to admit it and stop when i tell them....and its more lighthearted than serious

adding to that my ex was very self absorbed and i told him stop always talking about himself and start having a conversation for gods sake....and he did
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching