+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love at first sight, but am i reading the signs wrong?

Love at first sight, but am i reading the signs wrong?

Well, this new girl started working 3 days ago. She looked like the high maintenance preppy girls when I saw her walk in. I figured id have to tolerate her at work but when I got to worked with her on the first night as her sacker (while she was trained by another checker), I was blown away. She was nothing of what my first impression was. Bubbly and friendly. Thanks to my friend who just came out and asked "are you single?" I know she is single and I won't get rejected because of a boyfriend (again). There is something about her personality that just gets my heart pounding! But this isn't about my feelings and I appologize for carrying on so much, what can I say?

But here is were Im curious. I really think she likes me. While I was working with her and my friend and I were talking, getting to know each other, she had met most of the guys that work at the front and said that I acted more mature. Considering Im the only one not trying to get in her pants, is true. She kept sneaking a peak at me on the second day of work but what really got me thinking that she likes me is after work on her first day we worked closing and we had to go out the back door. She was unfamiliar with the area cause she is from a town about 20 minutes away. She completely didn't know where she parked. Being a nice guy I offer her a ride to her car cause from what she said, was on the complete opposite of the store. She accepted and I started walking to my car and she got in my "bubble." She was close enough that I was wondering if she was going to grab my arm. We walked closer to my car when she saw her car and started to run to it. We said bye and she thanked me. I drove by her and asked her when she worked next, said the next day. When I said we would see each other again, sounded real happy.
    I've been going over it with some of my friends at work, asking if it would be wierd to ask a co-worker out and they said no and one of them said that one of the other workers has done it. So I don't feel bad about it. But i'm hoping Im reading the signs correctly. I work with her tomorrow again and I am really looking forward to seeing her again and I'll update.
    This was both a question and an outlet cause I needed to get it out in writing/typing. Thanks for listening, comments welcome.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

Well, today was the first 7 hour shift I have worked that felt more like 3 hours total! The manager told her to go to break, and since mine was supposed to be right after her's, i asked the manager on duty if i could go too and he let me since we were slow. While at break, she was telling me pretty personal stuff. She noticed I was thinking about something and said, "What are you thinking about? Its okay, I've heard it all." I told her it was the complete opposite of what she was thinking i was thinking. She told me to spit it out so I found myself between either lie or tell her the truth. Considering I don't want to lie to her, I musterd up the courage for a few seconds and said, "The truth is I really like you."
    She said "aaaah" in reply. I went on to tell her that when I first saw her, I thought she was... but was interupted by her saying exactly what I was going to say. I then said, "I didn't expect to fall for you, but after getting to know you the first night, I did!"
    After the break, I noticed she was looking at me more than she did before.

Also, on break, I asked if she would want to go with me to the carnival. She said she would if her mom would let her. From what I was told, her mom is (and excuse my english) an overprotective b**** who doesn't care about her daughter. What I was thinking, and I brought it up with the girl, was manipulate her mother to letting her go out with me sometime. Something like tell her mother I'd "get her daughter out of her hair" type of thing to let her go out and have fun. Any comments on this would be great!
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

Love takes time to develop. I don't think it's love.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Yeah, I feel love for her. But recently I had to play match maker between her and my best friend. By the time that was finished, I was laying on my bed with my chest burning like a fire and my energy so depleted that I couldn't lift a finger. Had my chest not been moving, someone would have thought I was dead. I remember my friend asked "I love her, but won't you hate me if I try for her?" I told him "Yeah, probably, but I'll kick your *** if you don't!"
    I'm better now. I told her if she ever needed to, she could use me as an older brother.