+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Messing up a potential relationship

Messing up a potential relationship

Hi,

Recently I started talking to this girl two weeks ago and I'm really starting to like her. The problem is I'm a nice guy and I tend to come on a little strong. We used to flirt and text a lot and I thrived on that and found myself giving her compliments at every opportunity that I could. At first she thought it was sweet of me but lately it seems like she's annoyed. We hung out a couple of times but not on a date and recently I find I've been starting the conversations and she hasn't really put an effort in to hang out. I really like her though and I don't want to mess it up, unless I already have that is. I started getting one word text messages tonight and at the risk of sounding any more needy I told her I had to go. What can I do to save any potential relationship? Or is it doomed already?

different situation happed with me but some what the same. Pretty much i came on too strong. She told me she needs to be single for a while but my story is different.She broke up with her ex boyfriend to be with me but 2 weeks later she freaked out and pulled away from to much. Her close friend told me she does need space and that she does like me.That the only thing she can say is dont come on to strong.

So i say back off and she will come back even if its a while. Then you can calm down from your intense feelings for her. Ive calmed down and i might not see or talk to her again for months .I know she will come back and ill be ready to be at a much slower phase.

Its all about balance and going slow taking the steps. I know us nice guys sometimes jump the gun when we find someone great. Fully back away from her and give her space and time she will come back. Just remember to phase yourself.If you are right to be together you have all the time in the world.

It's not the first time that I've scared someone away by coming on to strong I don't think either. Thanks for the advice, I broke away a little bit from her. I've got some finals this week so I used the excuse that I have to study (which is true I just haven't yet haha) and I'm gonna wait until next weekend after everything to see if it's changed.

Men and women get totally bored if someone is too in to them too soon!

Even if you are really attracted to someone, you cannot make them a big deal! You can't give them a ton of compliments, text them all of the time, etc.

There needs to be a gap so that person wants to move towards you, right now they are repelling! I know this is nothing new, but we all seem to forget it, it drives woman crazy if you don’t want her! We always want the guy who doesn’t want us! For some reason, we find it much more attractive.

So live your life. Do what you need to. Play it cool. Date multiple women at a time. Never bend over backwards for a women, she won’t respect you if you do. Pay attention to who THEY are (character) so you can make a valid choice and find out if they are worth YOUR time.

ha that last post was a good help for me. Except i have to wait for this chick to come back to me. I m confident she will come back .Since her friend said she does like me she does need space. That to not come on to strong... So ill be much more casual next time. Man i would not even contact her next week.Just wait for her to come back to you once you lose interested pretend lose ha.

I totally get what you mean about needing to play it cool. It's not that I didn't know haha I just find it hard to do. The other problem is she'll start up a conversation, usually when I'm posting on this forum in fact, but thinking she wanted to talk I get a little carried away and basically abandon playing it cool as hard as I try not to. What do I do when she contacts me?

Update: I kinda messed up playing it cool I mean I didn't initiate any conversation or anything but she kept initiating so I responded. Anyways I thought she was interested because she brought over cookies when I was studying but I'm pretty sure I'm caught in the friend zone now. She told me I'm like a brother to her. Is there any hope?