+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend texting other girls?

Boyfriend texting other girls?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and a half and have been living together for six months. I am very happy and have felt very secure in my relationship until recently.

He has always been open that he has a lot of friends who are female, and that doesn't bother me at all. He texts some of them on a regular basis to keep in touch (he's from florida, but we live in the midwest now) and has never hidden that from me, though he does keep his conversations somewhat private, which I haven't had a problem with either. (I've always been open about all of my friends as well.)

A few days ago, I got an email from someone I don't know telling me that my boyfriend was texting with other girls from his hometown, flirting witth them and telling them he wished he could meet up with them. I was very upset and brought this up with my boyfriend right away. He did everything he could to assure me that this wasn't true, showed me his phone and went through all his messages with me, and said if I wanted he would delete all the messaging apps on his phone and ipod, which he did even though I told him he didn't need to.

I'm still upset about the fact that someone would take the time out of their day to send a stranger such a false, upsetting message. I think it was someone my boyfrined is in contact with on a friendly level, that wants to be more than friends, but he doesnt seem to agree, and has no ideas who would send me that message or why.

Looking for advice on how to get past this and put all my trust back in him. He's been completely open with me through our entire relationship and even more so since this ungly incident, and he deserves all that trust, but I still have that uncertainty because of this email.

may it be some jealous girls that try to drift you two? I dont like the idea of your bf, not my type.

He's actually really great, my bf. hes kind and considerate, and wonderful. hes just a friendly guy, and i dont care about the fact that he has friends that are girls. i have friends that are guys and i wouldnt want him telling me not to talk to someone. that email is just throwing me off and i guess it might take somwe time before im completely over it.

Believe me.... It you plan to someday marry this person and have kids and really work at a relationship, this issue will seem like joke to you.

Chances are, it's just a girl that likes him and wants you two to break up...or maybe an ex girlfriend trying to get revenge because he's happy with you.

There's also always the chance that he is infact lying, but you seem very confident that he's honest and a good guy, so he's most likely not lying.

Like surfhb said though, if you plan to have a real future with this guy, and if he wants it too, you have nothing to worry about and you should just laugh it off.

I agree with ItsShane and that is sounds like it is just someone trying to mess with him and you.

If things have been so good with your boyfriend, then think about it this way: Would you trust a random statement made by a stranger or your trusted boyfriend?

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Honey, that message means only one thing as to me, that smo is extremely jealous ab your bf, sm from his past and your man probably told all of them back off, b*tches, i have one n only who i love, n what they do? try to break your relations to get him! that's obvious! They want you to think he's all that, so that you cheated on him same or just dump him right away, n they r goin to be right there to comfort him. Maybe smo is after him like a lot n texts him kinda like dirty stuff ab u or him n of course he deletes those messages, cuz he doesn't want u to get upset, cuz he doesn't care ab that n you shouldn't either. Course there could be opposite situation n your guy is a jerk flirting behind your back etc (btw all man do, all of them flirt behind there gf's back, but that doesn't mean a thing, all the girl do as well... they just like attention, it's kinda self-fulfillment, noth bad or wrong ab it as long as it doesn't go any further than flirting). But as you say you always felt secure ab him, then either u'r too naive n his so damn smart to lie so u not notice a thing.... hope not... either u r a good gf n he's a good bf). So u don't have any reason to not trust him n to trust that stupid message, right? Tell them - watch your business jealous b*tches and stay away from my relationship and my boyfriend! U have smth to say, come and say it to my face! Good luck! Be safe! Btw, there's a nice website where you can get a next text advice - TheNextText dot com where you can share the thread and get an advice of The Next Text!

Quote Originally Posted by Iegor197 View Post
    Honey, that message means only one thing as to me, that smo is extremely jealous ab your bf, sm from his past and your man probably told all of them back off, b*tches, i have one n only who i love, n what they do? try to break your relations to get him! that's obvious! They want you to think he's all that, so that you cheated on him same or just dump him right away, n they r goin to be right there to comfort him. Maybe smo is after him like a lot n texts him kinda like dirty stuff ab u or him n of course he deletes those messages, cuz he doesn't want u to get upset, cuz he doesn't care ab that n you shouldn't either. Course there could be opposite situation n your guy is a jerk flirting behind your back etc (btw all man do, all of them flirt behind there gf's back, but that doesn't mean a thing, all the girl do as well... they just like attention, it's kinda self-fulfillment, noth bad or wrong ab it as long as it doesn't go any further than flirting). But as you say you always felt secure ab him, then either u'r too naive n his so damn smart to lie so u not notice a thing.... hope not... either u r a good gf n he's a good bf). So u don't have any reason to not trust him n to trust that stupid message, right? Tell them - watch your business jealous b*tches and stay away from my relationship and my boyfriend! U have smth to say, come and say it to my face! Good luck! Be safe! Btw, there's a nice website where you can get a next text advice - TheNextText dot com where you can share the thread and get an advice of The Next Text!
    This is a thread from April, how did you manage to dig this up? OP is long gone.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley