+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Breakup Happens

Why Breakup Happens

I notice through friends that there seem to be certain patterns in relationship breakups that keep recuring. You know like how one partner is more attractive to the other person. Maybe my impression is wrong but I'm just going to list some of the major causes:

-clinging too much
    -appearing too needy
    -not giving your partner enough space (he/she needs time to miss you)
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

King Zarathu Guest
    Breakups happen, typically, because there's a problem.

When the shit hits the fan, duck. Basically break up happens cause you dont catch the problem in time and BAM the shit hits you square in the head.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post

-clinging too much
    -appearing too needy
    -not giving your partner enough space (he/she needs time to miss you)
    These are all the same thing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    These are all the same thing.
    Oh, I was SO just gonna say that!

Henry, there are lots of reasons why breakups happen. You just happened to find the worst, possibly most preventable one to cite.

Nothing lasts forever and we all know hearts can change-why breakups happen.

Okay maybe the first two are basically the same thing.

The third being "not giving your partner enough space" is alittle more subtle. Its not like you need to see the person every day right?
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    Okay maybe the first two are basically the same thing.

The third being "not giving your partner enough space" is alittle more subtle. Its not like you need to see the person every day right?
    Depends. When everything is new, you can't get enough of them.. Later, things get a little more reasonable, hopefully at the same rate for both people. Maybe it's just all about rates of change. Love is a differential equasion.

Break ups happen for many different reasons. Each relationship is different, some things hurt people more than other people, some people get annoyed easier, some people want space, some people don't, some people cheat, some people don't, some people lie...you get the point.
    There aren't certain written out reasons as to why people break up, things change.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

i believe that break up happens because the relationship did not meet the expection on one of the couple. sometimes we see them as someone could've, not someone is. more often than not, we look at things, people and situation the way we think, not the way the others think.

when expectation falls below the mininum acceptable level, we usually bail out. but that's what courting is about. that's why it's a prelude to marriage. like looking for a glove tha fits you. if you try one and you're not comfortable, you look for another until you find one that fits. it'll have imperfection, but that's what makes it exciting. then marriage is the next.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Humans live longer than romantic love does anymore.

We live 2-4 times longer than we used to afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

Bleak, Fras. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

You are of course assuming that Romantic Love is real and not a creation of a day and age with too much time on their hands and not enough social backstabbing and wars to fight.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulfr View Post
    You are of course assuming that Romantic Love is real and not a creation of a day and age with too much time on their hands and not enough social backstabbing and wars to fight.
    I'm referring to romantic love as evolutions pair-bond method that causes two individuals to feel extreme want and desire for eachother so that they will mate and hopefully stay together long enough to ensure the survival of their offspring.

Afterall, one of the number one reasons why people don't divorce is "for the kids".

Tada~

I'm beginning to believe theres abit of a social science with why break ups happen.
    It seems certain couples cant get along with each other because they are communicating and acessing information differently.
    You know like some people are visual oriented (using words like "see what I mean" "cant you see what I'm saying" ).
    Others are audio oriented (using words like "hear this" "hey listen here" "I like the sound of that")
    And feeling oriented (using words like "I feel this.." "I have a gut feeling about.."etc.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast