+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why are we both finding it hard to let go?

Why are we both finding it hard to let go?

I'm just after advice/views really. I went out with a girl who I really fell for, but we only lasted 3 months. The relationship ended because she said she did not have the 'spark'. I found this very hard as I thought everything was really good, she even admitted that we got on like a house on fire and when together she felt good, and intimately she had never been with anyone who made her feel more comfortable.

Anyway, 4 months later we are still in contact but only through texting/emailing, but she has stated to me that she likes our chit chats, but sees them as nothing more than that. I feel I need to let go now, but finding it really hard. What I find confusing is the fact that she wants to stay in contact and silly things like her texting me just because she drove passed me I find confusing. Why is she finding it hard to let go too?

Should I just walk away right now?

More generally I would like to know how much importance people put on the 'spark'? Is being in a relationship where absolutely everything seems to be good, even the intimacy, sex etc. when you are together, a sign that things have just become comfortable? does this 'spark' happen when you do think you have meet Mr or Miss Right?

**** the Spark

Thats just a bunch of bullshit. She is probably having a hard time "letting go". I still haven't let go of my ex and that was 3 months ago. It takes time.

Do whatever you need to do to move on. If you can do that, and remain friendly with her, then do that.

But don't stay friends expecting the circumstances to change. No matter what her reason, how much or how little it makes sense.....that is the way she feels, plain and simple.