+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is my ex-gf who ended things acting so strange despite having a new-bf?

Why is my ex-gf who ended things acting so strange despite having a new-bf?

Any input would be appreciated, because I’m confused by how my ex is acting when she broke up with me. We dated/were involved for about a 18 months and broke up about 5 months ago. It’s clear to me now that she was looking for a reason to end things and even stated to my roommate (who is a good friend of hers) that she wanted something different.

About two weeks ago my roommate and I had some friends over our apartment to pregame before going to a party and my ex was there. At one point she left to go get changed at her place, when she came back she proceeded to sit down next to me. I tried to strike up a conversation but she didn’t seem too interested in it. So we all leave to go to the party and along the way we stop to pick up her new boyfriend (idk if they are officially dating, I don’t have facebook but it seems like they are) and some of his friends. As we are walking to the party I’m talking to one of his friends when out of the corner of my eye I see my ex walking next to me. Since she didn’t seemed inclined to talk before I just ignored her and she silently walked next to me for a minute or two.

Up to this point we had barely talked at all since the first week back at college sometime in January. During that first week back my roommate, my ex and I had hung out a few times at our apartment. It seemed as if she was trying to squeeze herself back into my life but wouldn’t admit to any of this in case she got wishy-washy about getting back together. Friends told me the same thing and a few people on this forum agreed with this. Yet I ended up having sex with another girl and after she found out she proceeded to stop talking to me. We had been talking in person and via text up to this incident. It seems as if having sex with another girl pushed her away and to her new boyfriend. While we were hanging out that first week back I knew she had hung out with him a few times but I don’t think they were very close. Then after I had sex with another girl both friends as well as I started seeing them together more often around campus. Another thing to note once in one of the campus cafes she obviously wanted to flaunt the fact that was him and sat down at a table in my direct line sight. It makes far too much sense for all of this to simply be coincidental.

Back to the story though, we arrive at the party and I begin talking to a number of people (mainly women). Although I never saw it, according to a friend she kept on looking over at me during the party. A few of those times she was with her new boyfriend. Also at one point during the night she just awkwardly stood off to the side of the beer pong table where some friends and I were playing. She didn’t say much of anything but just stood there by herself. Now all of this behavior is just extremely strange she is usually never socially awkward like this, she is actually quiet outgoing and friendly. I just wanted to gain some insight into why she is acting so strange when she has a new guy and has stated that she doesn’t care who I get with. Then she occasionally looks over at who I’m talking to.

One thing I forgot, through a mutual friend I discovered that she said that she felt uncomfortable around me. This happened around the same time that we started talking again in January. Yet she is in my apartment occasionally. I confronted her about it and she just gave me some BS about how he meant that our friends would feel awkward around us. It made no sense and she got pissed when I didn’t believe her.

First off, for the rest of the time that you know this woman, any time you talk to another girl, its will drive her mad. Women naturally hate other women and they hate it when guys THEY left talk to other women. Always remember this, WOMEN ARE TERRITORIAL. EXTREMELY. Even if they have no intention of ever doing anything with you and leave you like a 94 Toyota Supra TT in the junkyard, so long as nobody else is driving you or acknowledging your presence, they don't care. Its a catch-22, if you talk to other girls, she will mean mug you. If you ignore her completely, she will weasel her way into your sight. If you get with another girl, rest assure, this specific type of chicky will attempt to sabotage you at some point. Your call. But I wouldn't be in the same vicinity of her. In fact, I would start having different girls over every time she came over, friend or not. Do not entertain a friendship with her. Not worth it.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

You guys broke up, you shouldn't even be partying with her because crap like this will happen where she gets mad at you and you're in a position that no matter what you do you're wrong. Her feelings are none of your concern now, and its a complete double standard for her to be able to date a guy that you don't bitch about when hes in the same VEHICLE as you yet you cant chat with other girls at a party. Seriously stop worrying about "what she thinks," don't let her have her cake and eat it too. Keep doing what you're doing meeting new people and distance yourself from her because she will just bring you down.

Mr turtle I saw the lyrics in your bottom line and I love that song. Too few people know about Brother Ali. I won't try to be friends with her because there is no reason for me to even bother. I rarely ever see her know and I doubt she'll come over to my apartment often due to the fact that it would probably causes issues with her new boyfriend. It's just surprising because I didn't think she was this type of girl while we were dating but I guess there all the same. It's funny that you bring up sabotage. At the same party she was talking to a girl who she knows I've hooked up with before, my ex never talks to other women (insecurity issues and jealousy, she chalks it up to girls being too difficult) . I don't know what my ex said but not much has changed since in my friendship with that girl. I've been friendly to a guy my ex rebounded with so maybe she is trying to reciprocate. However, its possible I'm being naive.
    Bloodtippedrose , we rarely ever party around one another but it's always once in a while that were at the same party. She never openly expressed anger at me for anything I did. Your right about her feelings not being of my concern, we are over. It is just confusing that she is acting this way, like a little immature brat. If she was over everything she would be completely indifferent towards me but that is her problem not mine. She broke up with me and I'm starting to realize more and more how much better off I'm without her.

Quote Originally Posted by klak View Post
    Bloodtippedrose , we rarely ever party around one another but it's always once in a while that were at the same party. She never openly expressed anger at me for anything I did. Your right about her feelings not being of my concern, we are over. It is just confusing that she is acting this way, like a little immature brat. If she was over everything she would be completely indifferent towards me but that is her problem not mine. She broke up with me and I'm starting to realize more and more how much better off I'm without her.
    This reply is pure awesome. I mentally hell yeah'd after every sentence.

Saw her getting lunch with my roommate the other day. I was with some friends and waved over, then once they were done eating she came over. She invited the two guys we were with to play volleyball a few days later and didn't even acknowledge me. The girl we were with even whispered over to me that she was being real bitchy by doing that and she even implied that my ex was hoping I would come. Women be crazy as hell!