+ Follow This Topic

Thread: talking to her after she ended things

talking to her after she ended things

Hi there,

so recently the girl I was dating ended things with me. I thought things were going well. In the beginning things started out slow. She was still friends with her long-term ex and I questioned her relationship (she was still sleeping with him four months after they ended things all while sleeping with another guy).

She wanted me to meet her parents (they were visiting) after a month and a half. I declined and she was angry (we weren't anything at the time). We continued seeing one another and two weeks later she asked what we were. I said dating, because I still questioned her ex boyfriend.

Things started getting better (kissing goodbye, things were more enjoyable). After three months into things she had her first HSV-1 (vaginally, so not the typical host for type 1) outbreak in six years (initial). She asked me if I wanted to leave then and there. I told her most definitely not. I waited through it. We had sex once after the outbreak and then she was really busy for two weeks (organizing a big event). The whole time I was really anticipating seeing her. I had my birthday and two days later (the day before she was done organizing things) she ended it.

I've talked to a few people about what I should do. I even spoke with her best friend who told me that she is tired of the absent romance of her past big relationship. She said if I really feel for her I should vocalize how I feel and really blow her mind.

I'm meeting with her on the weekend. I've have a whole lot to say (apologize for the way I acted as I was constantly trying to quit smoking and that really affected my mood and behaviour, tell her how I am going to change, tell her how special she is, say something else). I am going to give her flowers (it is four months after our first date to the day) and some other things.

The day she ended it she said there was nothing I could do to change it. I am going to try to change it (this is 8 days after she ended things). Is there anything I can expect? yes... no? She is really busy these days. I feel really strongly about her and I care about her a lot. I'm excited about Saturday and feel so much stronger than the day she ended it.

Do I have a chance at getting her back? Should I keep trying if she reiterates what she already said? I'd obviously appreciate the advice.

Thanks

did she at least give you an explanation on why she broke up with you?
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

yes, she said that she lost her "pull" for me that she initially had.